Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy 5 Months!!

March 21, 2016

Hello Fam and Friends!!

I hope you all had a fabulous week. I had a pretty good week out here in NE. Busy, as usual :) But that is exactly the way it should be, so it was great!

Congrats to James and Jamie for their sweet baby!!! I love my new niece, Finley Jo Hutchison, already. She is so beautiful, and I want to kiss her sweet face.

I honestly don't know much to say about my week. I am kind of scatter-brained today, and have forgotten a lot of the things I have done. I have heard pregnancy-brain is real, but I can tell you for a fact that missionary-brain is real too. I guess I can't really compare until that day comes. (In 30 years, right dad?)

I had a really cool experience over Teaching Center (online chatting) this week! This woman came on chat, and we had an instant connection. She immediately opened up, telling me that she is a Jehovah's Witness, but she has a weird desire to know more about our church. She went on to tell me that she has a friend that is a member of our church, but every time they talk religion, she gets really defensive and feels like Jehovah's witness is the right church. I asked her a lot about her personal prayers, and she admitted to me that she is scared to pray about it because her family would disown her. I shared with her my favorite scripture, like I shared in my farewell talk, Alma 36:3 -
 "And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust‍ in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up‍ at the last day."
She really took this scripture to heart. She told me she feels "different" when she talks with me, and she feels a sense of peace. I informed her that I wasn't the one causing her that peace, but that it was the Holy Ghost testifying the truth to her. She told me she would pray about her questions. When I asked her if I could keep in touch with her, she told me "Of course". She then said that she hopes to hear from me soon. I am so excited to email her when I am at the Trail Center, and see how everything is going. She is a wonderful woman. It really shows how certain people are meant to come in contact with each other.

There was another Missionary Musical Fireside last night that I participated in! It was amazing, and there was an incredible turnout. Every single seat was full, and the spirit was so strong the whole entire time. I love the way music can bring peace.

I listened to a very famous talk the other day by Elder Holland. I have heard it many times, but it strikes me every single time. If you have an extra 15 minutes during your day today, look up "Safety for the Soul", by Jeffery R. Holland. If you don't have an extra 15 minutes, make time for 15 minutes. It will change your life, I can promise you that.

I hope you all have a great week this week! I am thinking and praying for you! Have a very Happy Easter on Sunday. :) Remember how lucky we are to have a knowledge that, because of our Savior, we will all live again.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison

ps. The pics are from the missionary musical fireside. Sister Hall and I have this thing that whenever we are on the same wavelength, we shout out "#COMP-UNITY", and throw up a "C" and a "U". Just thought I would explain the picture.. Haha. Love you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment