Monday, July 18, 2016

Nebraska = Humid

July 18, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!

I can't believe it is Monday again. It feels like Monday was 2 days ago!! Time just goes by way too fast on a mission. It is freaky.

I don't feel like I have too much to share this week. All of this week I was working on not letting myself freak out since my family was in Lake Powell without me.. But I made it through, and I am really good at breathing exercises now. Haha just kidding. (kinda).

Most of this past week was spent at the Trail Center, since it is crazy busy. I have some good Trail Center stories! A group of 150 polygamists came in. That was something else. They all just looked really angry the whole time. One of them went to high school with one of the sisters that serve here, and she said she had no idea because he graduated from Seminary with her and everything. It was interesting! I learned a lot! That's what I love about serving a mission; you get to learn so much about other religions.

I took a tour group of 36 youth all by myself this week. In the beginning they were really shy and didn't want to be there, since it was the last stop on their trip. I tried cracking some of my good ol' jokes, but they didn't laugh and it was awkward. But, it is cool how the Trail Center softens peoples hearts! By the end, they were all talking to me and they were so spiritual. The Holy Ghost does wonders :) Another cool tour I took this week was with a single woman. She was probably in her 60's, and she was baptized when she was 18. She didn't speak English too well, but it was such a good tour. We mostly just walked around the gallery, and then sat and talked for about a half an hour. She completely opened up to me about her amazing conversion story, and she asked me about how the gospel has effected my life. We just sat talking, laughing and crying with each other. I love how you can meet someone for the first time, but during the tour you start to feel like you've known them forever. I love serving at the Trail Center.

Kind of a funny thing that happened this week. I completely fell asleep while reading the missionary handbook in the morning. Mid sentence I just was out, immediately woke up, and all of the sudden I was crying. Sister Slater couldn't stop laughing for like 15 minutes, and neither could I, which made me cry harder. Missions do weird things to you.

All in all, it was a pretty good week. Next week is going to fly by, I just know it. I am way too busy. Summer is great. :)

Love,

Sister Hutchison

ps. I am going to start putting a scripture of the week in my email. I found this one a few days ago, and completely fell in love with it.
- " I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20


Yes. This happened. 


I had to add this because we looked so happy


Since my family was in Lake Powell, I wanted to be there too... On lds maps. 


also, this is why Senior couples should not leave their phone unattended at the Trail Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment