Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Happy (late) 4th!!!

July 5, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!!

Wow, this week certainly flew by! I am so happy to hear that everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. I know I am so grateful for the religious freedom in our country. It was fun to thank Heavenly Father for that yesterday.

I feel like I don't have too much to say this week! So I will just update you on a few things!!

Our investigator, Emma, is still doing great! She is praying about baptism. So we know that as she continues to pray and read the Book of Mormon, that the Lord will truly answer her prayers and that her desire for baptism will increase. Please keep her in your prayers.

We did service/dinner at a less-active family's home this week. It was so fun. We cleaned their whole house, and then they let us help make dinner. They are all from Texas, and so of course we made homemade deep-fried chicken wings, and homemade French fries. I could feel my arteries clogging, but it's fine. They told me it was a good thing I didn't get called to Texas on my mission, because I would blow up like a balloon, because that's all members would feed me every day. Haha. Blessings of Nebraska. There were some non-members there too. We had a good conversation with a woman there, and ended up teaching the restoration to her. It was a great experience! She enjoyed it!!

I had a FANTASTIC 4th of July. As you know, most of my 4th of July was Preparation Day. So, President Gardner gave me and my comp permission to drive to the outlet mall kind of far from our area. It was so fun! Then, we had a party at the Trail Center! We all watched Cokeville Miracle together and had a crepe bar. After that, I was on shift at the Trail Center. That was a party too! The senior couple on shift with us bought us all Jimmy Johns, potato salad, watermelon, cake pops, and Krispy Kreme donuts. (Sister Slater and I totally bought stuff to do a juice cleanse this week, don't worry). Then, since Omaha is literally INSANE about fireworks, on the drive home there was a non-stop firework show in every single place you would look. It was magical! The noise kept us up all night, but it was still a lot of fun.

On a more spiritual note, I was able to finish The Book of Mormon for my 3rd time yesterday. I don't know if you remember the challenge I told you that President Gardner gave to the mission, but he challenged us to start the Book of Mormon on March 23rd, and finish on the 4th of July. He challenged us to mark every reference of Christ on each page, which are his names, attributes, The Doctrine of Christ, and His words from him or a prophet. It was an amazing experience. I was kind of having a harder week, but, as I finished the Book of Mormon and got on my knees to ask if it was true, I got an overwhelming feeling of joy that I cannot deny. It was almost like a burning in my heart. I have never gotten an answer that strong before. I always had a testimony that The Book of Mormon was true, but I never really felt like I received a direct answer from God that it was true until yesterday. I am still so full of happiness. I know without a doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon is true. It blesses lives, and it blesses mine each and every day. I know that The Book of Mormon truly testifies of Christ. I have never felt closer to Him as I did as I read it this time. It was such an amazing experience, and I never want that feeling of happiness to go away. I know it wont go away as long as I remain worthy, and as long as I try and keep the spirit with me as much as possible. I am so blessed to share that glad message with others.

I love you all so much! Thanks for the wonderful emails I receive each week. You truly make me feel loved.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


Sister Hyde, Robertson, and I have matching shirts. So of course we had to wear them the same day.


CORNFIELD PIC




we are patriotic

No comments:

Post a Comment