Monday, December 12, 2016

The Weekly E :)

December 12, 2016

Hello, Family and Friends!

Wow, it was another awesome week here in Nebraska.I love it here so much. :) It was definitely a full week, so hopefully I remember everything!

I will start off by talking about how Kale is doing! Kale is doing great, and is on fire with the gospel! :) He loves all the assignments we leave him with, and understands The Book of Mormon really well. Something exciting that has happened is yesterday Kale was able to receive the Aaronic Priesthood, and he was able to get a recommend to the temple, so he can go to baptisms. :)The elders in our ward have a baptism this weekend, and he was asked to be a witness! The elders have also used him as a team-up quite a bit! He is super excited about all of this, and it is so fun to watch him grow and love the gospel.

I WAS ABLE TO GO TO THE TEMPLE THIS WEEK. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! I hadn't been since July, so it felt like home. While sitting in the Celestial room, President Gardner came up to me and told me that I "looked like an angel", and he wanted to "tie a rope to me so I wouldn't ascend to heaven". It made my whole day!! He is such a sweet man. He probably just was able to sense how happy I was to be in the temple.:) I was on cloud 9 the rest of the night!

Sister Hall and I had a good chunk of time trying to find people to teach this week! It was awesome! We found a handful of potentials, and people actually let us in their home. It was a miracle! Usually they try and get us away as fast as they can so they can shut the door and get out of the cold.

Speaking of the cold.... OH MY GOODNESS IT IS SO COLD. It.Hurts. The humidity and the wind chill kill me. The other day, it was about 10 degrees in the morning, but with the windchill it felt like -11 degrees. Dry cold > Humid Cold. I just get flashbacks to how cold I was last year whenever I walk outside. Somehow I survived, so that is what I am holding on to.

We had a Christmas Fireside at the Trail Center this week! It was awesome! I was able to sing an amazing song called "When Love was Born",and so many people were able to attend! The spirit was so strong the whole time,and it was a great program.

Last thing!(I told you there was a lot).We had MLC (missionary leadership council) this week. It was so fun :) I always love being able to learn from President and Sister Gardner and the assistants.So, after were learned from them,we were able to train all of the missionaries in the Council Bluffs Zone over in Iowa about all that we were trained on!That was awesome!Training is probably one of my favorite things in the world, because you just feel the spirit speaking every time you open your mouth. It is so cool!

Like I said, it has been a full week! I hope I have a lot to say next week too :) I love you all so much, and I hope that you have a great week! As everyone says in North Omaha, "Have a blessed day". ;)

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison



Squad pic


the zone at the temple!


Me and Sis. Hall at the temple


Close up!!


We found a sad Christmas tree the basement of our house, and lots of 90's Christmas decorations. I think it looks good.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment