Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Has Come and Gone!!!

December 26, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!

Wow, I cannot believe Christmas has already passed! I hope you all had a wonderful, Christ centered, day!

My Christmas was fantastic. As soon as the clock hit 6:30am, Sister Hall and I said our prayers and went to open presents!!! It was so fun. Church was great! The congregation pretty much just sang for the whole hour, and I loved it :) Then, we had a fun brunch with a lot of the sisters from the Trail Center. The Crandalls, the Trail Center Directors, put it on, and it was delicious. Then, I was able to facetime with my lovely family! That was such a blast :) It was definitely a quick hour!! We had dinner at Dr. Fischers house, and that was so fun. There was A LOT of food, but it all was so delicious!! For the evening, we ended up going to President and Sister Gardner's house. It was just us, them, and the assistants! So it was quiet, but so much fun! We ate some more, and then we played charades. Our car was pretty much out of gas, and we didn't want to break the Sabbath.... So, we prayed super hard that we would make it home safely without it running out, and President Gardner followed us home to make sure we were okay. All is well, and we made it home safely. It was probably the funnest Christmas I have ever had in my life. I want to just relive it every day!!!

This week was awesome!! It was pretty Christmas-filled, obviously. We had our Christmas Zone Conference, which was super fun. It was all based on the Atonement, and how we can use it more fully in our lives. I am so grateful for the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for me. He did it because he loves us, and there is really no greater gift. After all the Zone Conference trainings, we had a talent show and a white elephant gift exchange. The talent show was super fun. My zone did this workout video/dance talent. It was a lot of fun!! I have such a fun zone. I also sang a duet with an Elder. Yes it was a tad bit awkward, but it's fine.

We are working with a pretty good investigator named Dil. He is from Nepal. He understands pretty well, and was previously taught before! But, he tells us that he is constantly reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, so we are hoping he will start progressing even further. Pray for Dil!

Sister Chappell and I were on exchanges this week, and that was a lot of fun! I was able to be in her area with her, and we saw a lot of miracles! She is such a great missionary :)

Christmas Eve was a lot of fun!! We were able to go Christmas caroling at a retirement home just down the street. It was neat because you just know that all of those who were listening to the carols were feeling the spirit. They constantly were asking us questions about why we were here, and what we believed. We ended with "I Know that My Redeemer Lives", and they were in love with that song. I love being able to see the spirit soften hearts right in front of my eyes.

All in all, it was a fantastic week. Thank you for everyone who contributed and made it so wonderful. You are in my prayers. Have a great week :)

Love,
Sister Hutchison


The best Zone


Me and Elder Boggess (who I sang the duet with)


Me and Sister Chappell looking at the stars on exchanges


14 months!


I love the Crandalls!


Our evening with the Gardners (not sure why Elder Olsen is holding a jug of milk)

No comments:

Post a Comment