Monday, March 20, 2017

Another Week in NOM!

March 20, 2017

Hey Fam and Friends!

I can't believe it is already Monday again. The weeks feel like days and the days feel like weeks. :) That is about the best way I can explain it.

It was a pretty great week this week. I feel like it was super crazy, so a lot of my week is a blurr. So, I will do my best to try and remember. All I know is last week was a pretty hard week, but Heavenly Father blessed us so much this week :)

We found a cute family!! We were out finding, and had no luck. It was about time for Ward Coordination, and so we headed out of the neighborhood! As we were driving, Sister Willmore instantly flips the car around and says "JUST FOLLOWING A PROMPTING HERE", and we drive past this cute family getting out of their mini-van, about to walk into their apartment. We parked a little ways away so we wouldn't seem creepy, and ran up to them! We asked if we could share a message about families, and they said yes! (which hasn't happened in a long time for us). We shared a quick message of the restoration with them, and asked if we could come back. They instantly said yes, and we set up an appointment for this evening. We are excited. They are a cute Spanish family. They speak English well, but I have a feeling we will end up handing them over to the Spanish Sisters anyways. But, it was a neat miracle, and a testimony builder of always following your promptings. (yes, we were a half-an-hour late for Ward Coordination #worthit)

We found another family this week. It is a family of 3. They were a little hesitant letting us in, but eventually did. After they realized that we weren't robots, they started warming up to us. The mom is Christian, and the dad is Pagan. They talked a lot, so we only got through a few points of the restoration. But, they welcomed us back with open arms! So, we are excited to go back.

A couple days ago, we were teaching our 9 year old investigator, Dylan. He was having a really hard day, and wasn't participating in the lesson. Out of no where he starts telling us that he doesn't believe in God, and that Jesus Christ isn't real. It really was hard to hear. In this whole process, Dylan's mother was being so mean to him, and bagging on him in front of his face. It was hard to see! Sister Willmore and I were shocked when we got back in the car. How can a child believe that he has a loving Heavenly Father if he doesn't even feel loved by his own parents?? A child needs parents who will listen to them, and be understanding. A child needs parents who actually show them they love them, and will always strive to be helping the child come to a greater understanding of God's plan. We decided we are going to hold a family home evening about family prayer and scripture study. That will truly bless their family and bring the spirit in their home! I am so grateful for my mission, and how it teaches me about what kind of mom I want to be.

There was another Missionary Musical Fireside yesterday. It was so good!! It was all centered on the importance of The Family. The spirit was there in abundance :) I was able to sing a solo, and it really was such a fun night.

This week, I have really tried to focus on the Sacrament. That is something I felt prompted to do in my studies, and it was amazing. I hung up some sticky notes to remind myself to pray to be prepared for the Sacrament in every prayer, and it worked :) During the Sacrament yesterday, I partook of the bread, and my heart didn't feel the same. It felt very heavy!! Then, I partook of the water and I physically felt a release from my chest. It was amazing. I knew, in that instant, that I had been cleansed and purified. It was the most incredible experience. I am so grateful I have grown to know the importance of the Sacrament.

It was a great week, and I look forward to seeing more miracles this week :) I love being a missionary. Have a great week!!

(I came across this scripture in my studies this week, and I fell in-love with it. Prayer is POWERFUL!!) "24 And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus prayed unto the Father, he came unto his disciples, and behold, they did still continue, without ceasing, to pray unto him; and they did not multiply many words, for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire. 25 And it came to pass that Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them, and behold they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness, yea, even there could be nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof." 3 Nephi 19:24-25

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


The squad at the Fireside


Let us teach your friends


we really do try to sleep.. It just doesn't happen sometimes. We get distracted


love her!!


Kale came to the fireside and loved it!! He went to the temple last week, and couldn't stop telling me how happy it made him :) He is on FIRE with the gospel right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment