Monday, March 13, 2017

Cold Again!!

March 13, 2017

Hello everyone!!

Another week has flown by here in Nebraska :) I hope you all had a good week! I had a great one, like usual :) I love my mission more than anything in the world!! Like my subject line said, it is cold again! It was aboout 70 degrees last week, but then snowed last night. Nebraska needs to take a chill-pill.

A cute senior couple took us bowling again this week. When people ask me how my mission has changed me, I will be able to say that I became a professional bowler!

I mentioned this last week, but for the past 3 weeks Sister Willmore and I have been praying to find a woman named Shannon. She has a family of 4 and owns a red blanket. No, we have not found her yet, and it has been pretty frustrating. We feel like we are trying our hardest, and we are praying soo hard to find her, but nothing has happened. Sister Willmore and I have never had more rejection in our lives! It has been rough.. I was feeling kind of discouraged, holding back tears after someone just yelled at us, but then a talk from Elder Holland came into my mind. I felt like I heard Elder Holland's voice say "Why would it be easy for you if it was NEVER easy for Him." That hit me so hard! It is so true! The Holy Ghost definitely set me straight. I know that Satan is really working on Sister Willmore and I because we are SO CLOSE to experiencing a miracle. We know Heavenly Father is preparing someone for us to find who is prepared for the gospel, so we need to ignore the adversary and keep on being diligent :) We are excited for what lies in store!

Sister Willmore and I took a very interesting member tour this week. It was this older woman and her two adult kids. They seemed kind of stand-off-ish at the start, but we continued to the tour anyways. We were at the bust of Joseph Smith, and Sister Willmore and I were testifying of the Restoration, and one of the women just kept looking at her watch. After we testified, we pointed out to her that she was looking at her watch, and asked if they were limited on time. She replied with "Yes. We only have a few minutes. So, can we just cut-out all of the 'touchy-feely' spiritual stuff? We JUST want the history... But, don't worry, we are good Mormons". I was so shocked!! My mission call did not say "You are called to serve as a "tour guide", it said "You are called to serve as a MISSIONARY". It really hurt mine and Sister Willmore's feelings, but we just went on with the tour. The very next day, I read a talk that is called "Converted to the Gospel Through His Church". (here is the link, I strongly suggest you guys read it! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/converted-to-his-gospel-through-his-church?lang=eng  )  It was so good, and it reminded me a lot of that tour. It talked all about how there are members who are perfectly active in the church, but less-active in the gospel. It really made me think about what kind of member I will be after I am home. Will I be the member who sits on their phone during sacrament meeting, but who goes to church every week? Will I be the member who thinks going through the temple once or twice in a couple years is good enough? Will I be the member who goes to one of the Lord's Visitor Centers and refuses to feel the spirit? The answer is a big NO :) We need members who take notes during Sacrament meeting, ponder application of what they learn, and members who use the Sacrament properly. We need members who value and understand the covenants they make in the temple. We need members who understand that conversion is a never ending process, and you can never have a "strong enough testimony". I am so grateful for the precious truths I am able to learn on my mission. I am changed every single day.

If you haven't noticed, I love my mission so much. :) Thank you for all of the love and support I receive from each of you every week. It strengthens and motivates me :) Have a wonderful week!!!!!

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison

" 9 Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life." 3 Nephi 15:9


Sister Willmore and I bought matching owl Moo-moos. So cozy. 


A picture of how we felt after someone just set their 7 dogs on us


A smiling pic! 


Bowling crew

No comments:

Post a Comment