Monday, March 27, 2017

Nebraska is Home

March 27, 2017

Hey Family and Friends!!!

Wow, this week has gone by so fast! It was wild!!

First of all, TODAY was a blast. Sister Willmore and I went and took some fun pictured in downtown Omaha. There is a little park there that has amazing statues of the pioneers. It makes it even more special being able to serve at the Trail Center. :) Then, we went to the Pedestrian Bridge, and took pictures on the Nebraska/Iowa line. It was a lot of fun!

We had Zone Conference this week, and it was INCREDIBLE. The whole focus was about having a Mighty Change of Heart. It was amazing being able to reflect back on how my heart used to be, and how my heart has changed so far on my mission. The key to a Mighty Change of Heart is living the Doctrine of Christ. As we are doing so, it allows us to be worthy of the Spirit, and we will desire to become better. As we are purifying ourselves, we are allowing the Holy Ghost to change us :) After Zone Conference, we had Zone Olympics! It was so much fun. I actually won push-ups and sprints!! Yes, I was very sore the next day. But.. It was worth it. 50 boy pushups won me the gold! (plastic)

I don't know how many of you were able to watch Womens Conference on Saturday, but it was so great!!! There was a talk by Bonnie Cordon, and she focused on Proverbs 3:5-6. It reads : "5 ¶ Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." She talked about how we should not be "leaning", because as we lean it means we are off balance! As we are standing strong as a witness of Christ, we will be immovable! I loved that so much! So powerful. That connects to missionary work so well. I CANNOT do this alone; there is no room for leaning. I must give all that I have to Heavenly Father, and he will help me be a true representative of His Son.

Sister Willmore and I had an interesting/cool experience this week. We had a little bit of time before our dinner appointment, so we went to go find in an apartment complex. We went through one apartment building, but felt like we shouldn't knock on most of those doors. So, we headed to the building next to it. The first door we knocked on was a man named Tim. He came right outside and was happy to talk to us. In the middle of our conversation, he asked us if we were wearing contacts, and we told him no. He told us that he studies eyes, and ours are very different for some reason. He was looking at them in all different angles but couldn't figure out what was different about them. It was cool because we know that he was seeing the light of Christ. At first, he was very hesitant, but the more we talked, the more interested he became. We asked him why God had us knock on his door, and he instantly opened up about everything he was going through. He has had a tough life. He asked where our church was, and said we could stop by again. There is even a member of the church that is on the floor right above him! Hopefully we will be able to see him again soon :)

I am sorry right now in advance for all of the pictures! There are a lot this week. But I hope you all have a great week :) I can't wait to hear all of your insights on general conference!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love this work with all of my heart. I know I am where I need to be, and I have never ever been happier.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


17 MONTHS!!!! So crazy


Rain pic!


our junk food... 


NOM Olmpics! (worked off the junk food)


Pioneer statues!! 


Found myself a Boyfriend! 


Running with the girls


My mission!!! Pioneers + Nebraska!


Omaha!!


Nebraska/Iowa


two places at once! 


same! 


this one is important because I will never be able to jump this high again.

No comments:

Post a Comment