Monday, April 24, 2017

18 Months....????????

April 24, 2017

Hello family and friends!!

Another great week has come and gone. Wow. I can hardly believe how fast time is going. My subject line is true: I hit my 18 month mark last week. That is so weird to me. It feels like I have been here maybe like 6 months.

This week was so great. It was kind of a blurr. So, I will try my best to remember what happened!!

I had my last Zone Training this week. It was so good!! At the end, the Zone Leaders asked me to come up and bear my testimony, and that was a little heart wrenching and weird, but, all is well. I made it through!

We had a cool miracle this week! Sister Willmore and I were out trying to find people to teach, and we saw this man smoking in his garage. We went over and talked to him, asked him how he was doing, and he said "'Great! I've got my whiskey!" Then, he held up his two liter bottle of whiskey. It was pretty funny! His friend came outside and offered us a beer, and we of course said "no thank you!" Usually in those situations, the spirit would tell us to leave, but it did the opposite. It was weird. We started talking to those guys some more, and stated our purpose. Then, they actually started to ask some very sincere questions. We ended up teaching them the full restoration, and it was a really cool lesson. At the end of the lesson, we were able to give them each a copy of The Book of Mormon, and they committed to read it. One of the guys looked at us and said "Well, ladies, you did one thing today.. You made me believe in angles." It was so sweet. Then they both started saying that we were glowing, and it was such a cool experience. It wasn't in a "creepy old man" way, it was more in an "adorable dad" way. So sweet. We are so glad that we talked to them.

We have been spending sooo much time finding, and not even finding anyone. So, it has been a little discouraging. But, we actually found a couple of potential investigators yesterday!!!! It was a miracle!! We were in a pretty nice neighborhood, and we met two very nice families who said we could come back. So, please keep Nicole and Ashley in your prayers!

Sister Willmore and I volunteered at the food bank again today. It was so much fun! Other than that, I don't really know what to share about this week! But, I am so grateful for the gospel. I know with all of my heart that it is true. I know that this is Christ's original church, and that it has been restored in its fullness. I love the gospel, and I love being a servant of God, and a Representative of Jesus Christ.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


18 months....?? Our last month picture!!


love them!!


Nebrasquad.. Like old times!!


Zone Training! 




God Bless America


I tried "Runza". I am now a true Nebraskan. I had heart-burn all night and Sister Willmore literally had the "runssaa". Worth it, though. 


yum

No comments:

Post a Comment