Monday, April 17, 2017

Post-Easter email

April 17, 2017

Hello Fam and Friends!!

It's Monday again? Goodness, time needs to slow down!! It is all going by way too fast!!

It was another wonderful week this week in Nebraska! It was pretty productive, so that's always good!! I will try my best to remember what I did.

Last Monday, I forgot to tell you that Sister Willmore and I used our Preparation Day time to volunteer at a food bank! Oh my gosh, it was so fun! It was also very sad to see such poor people with hungry children. But, it was very rewarding being able to give them food and smile/talk with them. I loved it. Sister Willmore and I are going to do that every week now!

We still have been doing A LOT of finding.. It gets kind of discouraging with how much time we spend finding, but how many people we don't find, but that is  okay. WE HAVEN'T LOST FAITH AND HOPE :) We know that God is preparing His children for us!! Patience is definitely a Christ-like attribute that I have learned to develop.

Although we haven't had much luck in our area, we have still been able to see miracles serving at the Trail Center. I was able to online chat with a certain gentleman, and he originally started chatting with me to talk about The Bible. After a little while, I taught him about The Book of Mormon, and he wanted one! He told me about how he believes God has been preparing him in his life to receive His gospel. It was neat! I was able to teach him the restoration and he agreed to meet with local missionaries (he's from Canada). Another chat I had was another gentleman who came on asking very obserd questions about how mormons date, haha (it is so funny to hear the world's perception about Mormons). He was sincere, though! He opened up, telling me how he came from a very broken family, and he can feel the love that Mormon families have for each other. He kept telling me how he wanted that love in his life. I was able to testify of the importance of the family, and he agreed to meet with local missionaries, as well (he's from England). Even though we aren't seeing much success in our area, we still are fulfilling our purpose! That is all that matters :)

I had an intense tour this week! As soon as I got on shift, I took over another sister's tour. The 20 year old son was a recent convert, but the mom and grandparents weren't members. At the end of the tour, there is a replica of the Salt Lake temple, and the Spirit told me to testify of eternal families. So, I did! Awe man... I got attacked!! They kept saying things like, "So, are you saying since we're not members that we're not a family??" and they kept building off of each other and the member didn't say anything! I was on this tour alone, so I didn't have a companion to back me up. So, I said a prayer in my heart during them saying terrible things to me, asking Heavenly Father what I should do. I got the impression to simply testify of The Book of Mormon. I cut them off, held my Book of Mormon to the square, and said "I was raised in the church, and my knowledge is still not perfect. But, what I do know is that The Book of Mormon is true." Then I explained that it's the keystone of our religion, and that they can come to know that it's true for themselves. It went completely silence. In the midst of the silence, the mom said "well, then I have to get myself one of those." I gave her a copy, and the rest of the tour kept on walking, but the mom stayed behind. I was able to explain to her a little bit more about The Book of Mormon. I asked her if she had a faith in Christ, and she just looked at me with tears in her eyes and completely opened up to me. She told me how she had a 5 year old son pass away, and it really had shaken her faith. I was able to read a little bit of Moroni 8 with her, about how little children are perfect. I always have had a little table of contents in my copy of The Book of Mormon that has questions of the soul, and where to find the answers in the Book of Mormon, but I knew she needed it more than I did. I gave that to her, and she was grateful. I invited her to be baptized, and she said that she would. It was an amazing experience. I truly was able to witness the spirit changing someones heart! There is so much power behind short and simple testimonies.

My Easter was wonderful!! Sister Willmore and I woke up with a beautiful sunrise lighting up our room :) then, we made some pancakes and eggs. It was delicious! Church was great, as well. It was so spiritual and every single talk was so inspired!! Then, a cute family in our ward fed us Easter dinner. It was SO GOOD. The kids in the family were so cute. They made us an easter basket out of paper and staples. Then, they took their own candy from their baskets and filled it! It was so sweet and thoughtful! The parents said it was all the kids idea :)

I have such an overwhelming love for my Savior. I know that He is Risen. I know that He has such an individual love for each of us. I love being a representative of Him, and being able to testify of what I know to be true. I am grateful for my mission, and how it changes me every day. I pray that we will all serve the Lord, and let a mighty change wrought in our hearts.

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!!

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


Us and Sister Levicki! She is such a sweet woman in our ward.


This couple came into the Trail Center! They are the Chidesters :) After talking, we realized that we are related! My Grandma Darlene is Brother Chidester's cousin! Crazy coincidence!


The Clay St. Apartment complex family


The Dannenbergs and our cute Easter basket that they made us :) 


Our Easter Breakfast. Sister Willmore and I are starting a new breakfast business. 


Easter Dresses!!


Nebraska Sunsets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment