Monday, April 3, 2017

Spring has Sprung!

April 3, 2017

Hey Family and Friends!

Wow, what a wonderful week it has been!! I honestly don't remember much of it because it went by so quickly, but I will do my best!

It was a super rainy week! Spring has officially sprung here in Nebraska. Our week consisted of a lot of "finding". We didn't have a lot of luck, but that is okay! It always cracks me up when people open the door, see us soaking wet and say "Wow, girls. You look freezing! You shouldn't be outside! Stay warm!" Like, LET US IN. Haha, it's okay :) We are doing our best to find people to teach, so I know the Lord has some good things planned ahead of us.:)

I had an awesome personal study this week about "conversion". I wasn't sure what I wanted to study that day, so I prayed and flipped open the Bible Dictionary  and that word was on the page I flipped on. As I studied conversion more deeply, I discovered that in order to be truly converted, you must be actively exercising the Doctrine of Christ in your life. As we  do these things, is allows our hearts to change, and our faith will become a knowledge.

I LOVED GENERAL CONFERENCE. I think it was the best conference I have ever listened to. I felt like every single talk was for me! A couple of my favorite talks were the ones by President Nelson, and Elder Holland. President Nelson's talk was all about the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We have to be exercising Christ's Atonement daily. It is only through His Atonement that we can be healed and have true happiness. I love how he mentioned that the event of the Atonement doesn't save us, but it was the sacrifice of the Savior; we must ALWAYS recognize that. Elder Holland's talk was about being confident in who you are, and being confident in others, as well. This gospel is all about progression!! We must not discriminate, but we must love. :) His comparison with needing "all of the voices in God's choir" was awesome! Each of us has a divine potential, and has the ability to change. I loved his quote when he said, "Come as you are, but don't plan to stay as you are.."

Obviously, there were more amazing talks. I will send you a copy of my study journal if you want to know what I thought of the rest of them haha :) But I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I am so grateful to live in a dispensation with modern prophets and apostles. As Sister Willmore and I were on our way to watch conference with a member, we saw all of the cars that surrounded us and felt so sad that none of them knew that a Prophet of God was speaking that day. I am so grateful to be on a mission, and to constantly be strengthening my testimony by trying to help others gain one. I love sharing the gospel. It is my life, and nothing brings  a greater happiness. :)

Transfers are this week. Sister Willmore and I feel like we are probably getting transferred, so we will see how it goes. I can't believe I will be starting my last transfer in a few days. Crazy!! Anyways, I love you all. Thanks for the support and love. Have a fantastic week.:)

Love,

Sister Missy Hutchison


we didn't take a lot of pics this week.. So.. This is me currently and Sister Willmore intently emailing. 


Some of the fav sistas

No comments:

Post a Comment