Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Grounded!!

December 29, 2015

Hello Family and Friends!!

I know I am emailing you on a Tuesday, but I will explain that why in a little bit. For now, I want to talk about my Christmas Eve and Christmas!!!!

I already told some of my family about my Christmas Eve, but not everyone. It was kind of crazy!! It snowed a whole bunch, and we don't have the best car.. So, we weren't able to get out of the parking lot of our apartment (the exit is a hill). We had Zone Conference, but we obviously couldn't get there ourselves. So, we called some other sister missionaries to give us a lift! They came and picked us up, and we headed to the mission office. The mission office/church building is on a pretty steep hill too, and THEIR car isn't the best in snow either. We decided to take another route through a neighborhood, and the driver took a turn that was a little too quick.. (keep in mind, this is the first time this particular sister has ever driven in snow). We slid, almost in slow motion, went right over a curb and hit a huge rock. Everyone was fine, but the car was definitely stuck and our bumper was definitely off. We called our Zone Leaders and them and a few elders in our district came out to help us. After about 20 minutes of trying to get the car off of the curb we managed to do it. Lets just say our district meeting was fairly quick after that. An Elder looked at our car and gave us the OK, and so we were off to the Trail Center. It was about 4:20 and dinner was at 5! So we start driving and keep hearing this grinding sound and soon as we get on the freeway. We pull over and one of the sisters gets out and holds up the broken-off hubcap! We start to drive again and the sound continues, so we get off the freeway and pull into a random parking lot. We were stranded there for a while.. The sister that crashed the car was taking stress-laps around the parking lot, the other one was just ticked-off, Sister Brower was calling people to come help us, and I was napping. We then decided to read in the Book of Mormon together to calm everyone down. Finally we were saved and taken to the Trail Center (at about 7:00). Everyone slow clapped when we walked in, it was funny. Then we ate, and the Senior Couples put on a Christmas Program for all of us. :) It all ended well. (ps. I was super sick too)

Christmas was fantastic!!! We had a lovely breakfast at the TC President's house to start off the day. Then, we went back to do our studies, opened presents, and then took a Christmas nap!! After that, I GOT TO FACETIME MY FAMILY. It was the best Christmas present in the world being able to see them. It was exactly what I needed. Dinner that night was great too! Sister Christiansen, member that fed us, made foods that our own moms would make! It was so nice and homey!! Then, she totally surprised my by playing "Uncle Jean", a tradition my family does. I just about died. I am pretty sure my abs were sore the next day because I laughed so hard. It was such a good Christmas.

The reason I didn't email yesterday was because our cars were grounded. It snowed all day, and there were about 4 accidents on Christmas eve, so the mission president didn't want to risk it. Long story short, we didn't leave our apartments once yesterday... We cleaned, watched 17 Miracles, slept, did facials, and just did busy work in our area book.

Our cars were grounded for a little bit today, but it cleared up, thankfully!!

I love you all so much. Thank you for all that you have done for me and for making this Christmas so wonderful. Happy New Year!!!!

Love,
Sister Hutchison

ps. Prepare for lots of pictures.


The Elders helping us un-stick our car. It reminds me of the pioneers pulling their handcarts out of the mud. 


Me and Sister Brower at the crime scene. You can see the rock in the corner.


Christmas pj's!!!!!


Me and Sister Brower at Christmas dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment