Tuesday, December 8, 2015

It's December??

December 7, 2015

Hello Family and Friends!!!

Another great week here in NE. I hope you all are doing well. I am still here, happy, and healthy (a little too healthy. They feed us too much, I'm going to be 400 pounds when I get home. Health tips are appreciated.) Also, if someone could come explain to my mission that my last name is HUTCHISON not HUTCHINSON, I would appreciate it... Just kidding. I'm used to it here now. I just act like it's my name. My companion gets a kick out of it every time someone calls me it. I just smile and act like I didn't notice.

This week started off kind of sad, but it ended up pretty great. I will start with the sad thing! Luca, the 9 year old boy that was going to get baptized last Saturday, wasn't able to get full parental consent. So, he was not able to be baptized. Sister Brower and I were sad. But, we knew that Satan was just letting us know that we were going to see miracles soon, so we didn't become discouraged.

That next day, actually, we received a call from the Assistants. When Elder Martino (of the 70) trained us a few weeks ago, he went teaching with the Assistants. They got a member referral and taught her in the member's home. Long story short, they set her for baptism the first lesson and the investigator is in our area!!! So she is ours to teach now!!!! We were so excited. Her name is Angie and she is a prime investigator. She LOVES the Book of Mormon, and has so many questions. The cool thing is, her husband is Less-active, but this is activating him as well. Angie is getting baptized on December 19th!

It was Sister Browers birthday on Saturday! I sneakily bought her a cute $10 watch at Walmart because she needed one, and decorated her desk for when she woke up that morning. A senior couple at the Trail Center took us to Village Inn for breakfast, and then a member took us to Famous Daves for dinner. It was so good!!!!!!

We were tracting one night and decided to Christmas Carol instead of start right off with our message. It worked!!!! Mostly everyone let us sing for them, and let us into their homes. We got 2 new investigators by doing it. :)

I also was able to hand out a Book of Mormon at the Trail Center this week. This woman LOVED the tour I took her on, and was so interested. I started talking about Moroni and she freaked out about his name and said "MY NEXT BABY BOY IS GOING TO BE NAMED MORONI NOW!" Then she took the Book of Mormon and said she would be done with it in 13 hours. I have her information, so I am excited to follow up with her.

Tomorrow is our Christmas Zone Conference. Sister Brower is amazing at the piano, so we are doing a musical number at it. I am singing "O' Holy Night". I am so excited to finally sing somewhere again!!!

Before I forget, I received a package this week with no return address. It was a kind of expensive yellow umbrella! Its adorable, so thank you! I just don't know who to thank!

I love you all, and I hope you have a good week!!

-Sister Hutchison

ps: The pic is when we had Zone Training this week. So this is our Zone after!!


No comments:

Post a Comment