Monday, January 25, 2016

3 Months Down!

January 25, 2016

Hello All!

This week has definitely been a draining one. We spent most of it cleaning our apartment so we could move. We ended up moving on Thursday! Even though we had 4 Elders helping us, it took about 5 hours to move everything. Woof.. But it's okay! We now live on the 3rd floor of a newly renovated apartment! We have new carpet, hardwood floors, countertops, appliances, and just everything! It is great!!!!! There is always a "but", though.... BUT, our hot water in our shower in non-existent. I can handle a cold shower, but the water that comes out is stuck on FREEZING cold. Trust me, I've tried, but I cannot get myself in that water. It gave me a brain freeze. So, the past few days have consisted of standing in the shower with a bucket of warm water, soap and a lufa, and washing our hair in a sink. I now understand why God didn't send me to a 3rd World Country. We are hoping someone comes to fix our shower today.

Something cool that happened this week is there was a World-Wide Missionary Broadcast! It was broadcasted to every mission in the world (some had to watch it the next day though because of the time differences), but I was able to watch it Live! A few of the Quorum of the 12 were there and spoke. It was really cool! I guess it was filmed at the Conference Center, so it was fun seeing sisters I became friends with at the MTC, that are serving in Temple Square, in the audience! The Broadcast was awesome, and I learned so much about being a successful missionary.

Courtney, our investigator, is doing great! This week was kind of difficult for all of us though. We met with her on Tuesday and had an AMAZING lesson. The spirit was strong, and it definitely confirmed to her that she was doing the right thing. She said that she felt great about everything, she just needed to make sure baptism was okay with her husband. So, we all were fasting together the next day for her husband's support. We stopped by for a little the next day, and the vibe was kind of weird. While Sister Brower and Thierry, her husband, were playing the piano (we received permission for her to take piano lessons from him, so he would like us more.. haha.), Courtney pulled me aside and said that Thierry has kind of been making fun of her for most of the day, and it was really hurting her feelings. Then, her friend from Utah was telling us that she is really overwhelmed with everything and needs space. So that is what we did. It really stressed us out because we had no idea what was going on in her head, but we had to trust in the Lord that she would get over this trial. Saturday night we received a text from her that told us she talked to her husband, and he is 100% supportive. Then she asked when we could have our next lesson! We were soooooo happy. We told her how big of a blessing and miracle that was. Then she said "It's been such a blessing for my family. And I have you two to thank so much for helping me bring faith and Jesus Christ in to my life and home." That hit me hard. Just that text made me realize why I am here on a mission. I am here to help families be together forever, and to help others have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. It made me feel so good knowing that we have helped Courtney experience these wonderful blessings of the Gospel. We are hoping she gets baptized this Saturday. She told us she would pray about it! We are meeting with her today to figure everything out. Keep her in your prayers.

I love this Gospel so much. I love being able to see how it blesses others. Growing up in Utah, I always saw happy, Mormon, families! It is cool being on the other side, and actually watching in action the Gospel create a happy family.

I hope you all have a good week! You are in my prayers. I love you all. :)

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


My attempt to get a picture with a cute puppy.


Me and the Nebrasquad hitting 3 months in on the mish!

No comments:

Post a Comment