Tuesday, February 16, 2016

6 Inches!!!!!

February 16, 2016

Hello Everyone!!

Wow, it has been a good week here in Omaha! First of all, I am sorry that I wasn't able to email yesterday! It was Presidents Day, as you all may know, so the library we email at was closed!! But it is okay, because we can email today.

Before I even get into my week, I want to congratulate Scotty and Jamie on baby Trey!!!!! I CAN FINALLY SAY I HAVE A NEPHEW! WOOT WOOT!!! On Tuesday morning, I don't know why, but I felt prompted to go to the mission office. So we came up with an excuse and went over there. When I got there, Sister Cope (one of the Senior missionaries) pulled me into her office. She showed me the heartbreaking letter my mom sent me about the problems that happened during the baby delivery. I want you all to know that every single prayer said by Sister Hall and I mentioned Scotty, Jamie, Kaylee and Trey. The members I saw that day were going to the temple, so I wrote down all of their names and gave them to him. I saw that member a couple days later and he said he went to the temple twice, and put their names in both times. After a lot of prayers and fasting, I found out that baby Trey and Jamie were okay. I love you guys so much. I just had to let you know that I did the best that I could while being out here for you. :)

This week consisted of being at the Trail Center quite a bit, and trying people on our list. We had many member lessons, and those are always great :) On Friday night, they had a fireside at the Trail Center, and I was able to go! The speaker was a Holocaust survivor, so it was really sad/inspiring to hear her story. I was able to talk to her afterwards and give her a big hug!

Courtney and Luca are doing great. Courtney got her temporary Temple Recommend, so we are hoping to be able to go with her sometime this week!!! She is so amazing. I can't even handle it.

Sister Hall and I had a cool experience yesterday! We tracted into a man a few weeks ago named Dean. He was very touched by the Restoration and said to come back in a couple weeks, because he would be out of town. Randomly, at the EXACT same time, we both looked at each other and mentioned how we should see him. It was weird. So we knew it was a sign! It was about 8:40, so we were glad we had some time. So we decided to grab Plan of Salvation pamphlets and knock on his door. He answered and let us in with open arms. He informed us he is halfway though the Book of Mormon, and knows that man could NOT have written it. It lead for an awesome opportunity for us to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon, and that it is from God. He then randomly asked us about Heaven and Hell. Ironically enough (it wasn't ironic, it was the spirit), we both had decided to grab Plan of Salvation pamphlets. It was such a cool discussion. He is skeptical of a few things, but we were able to set up a time to meet with him this week. We are excited to properly study according to his needs. He's an awesome guy. AND HE HAS A GOLDEN DOODLE. Tender Mercy. (Sorry, Dad. I know you hate that term)

You are probably curious about my subject line. No, it did not snow 6 inches. It has actually been in the 50's outside!! I did something drastic, and cut 6 inches off of my hair. Chopped it right off. Wow, I should have done this earlier. I am obsessed. I had Sister Hall take an awkward picture of me so I could show you all.

I love you all so much!!!!! Thanks for everything you all do for me.

Love,

Sister Hutchison


No comments:

Post a Comment