Monday, February 22, 2016

NE Rules

February 22, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!

This week was pretty great. Nothing too exciting happened. Don't worry, I didn't do anything too drastic this week.

This week we actually had Zone Conference. It was so amazing. The focus was the Atonement. It was so special. The Sprit taught me so many things. One of the main things the spirit taught me about the Atonement of Jesus Christ is that it was all out of love. God loves us so much that He sent Jesus Christ. Not only does He love us enough to have Jesus Christ suffer for our sins, but he loves us enough to have Jesus Christ suffer for everything we have ever felt. He loves us so much that we will ALWAYS have someone who understands, and so we would never be alone. I found so much comfort learning those amazing things. I would encourage you to read through Alma 7:11-13, and add your own name in place of "His People". It truly makes the scriptures speak more personally to you, and you will gain a greater understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Also at Zone Conference, we had a clean car competition! Our whole zone met early that morning at a car wash, and deep cleaned. (Not to mention we spent all of our P-Day last week deep cleaning). It was so fun. We took 2nd Place! So we were awarded 30 extra miles on our car for the month of February. Which is nice.. Because we were cutting it very very close...

Each week when we are on shift at the Trail Center, we are able to go do service at this Retirement home next door. This week we did service for this woman named Blaze. She had us sort clothes. Let's just say she is a massive hoarder, and it made me physically ill being in her house. Blaze has a super huge, gross, mean parrot. I have never felt fear like that on my mission while I was in the same room as that parrot. It kept squawking at me, and watching my every move. It would also sharpen its beak while watching me, and mimic me. It didn't help when Blaze would say "Yes, she bites". Then she would makes me walk past it. Dear Mom, thank you for never letting me get a Parrot when I wanted one. They are the scariest things alive. I hate parrots.

Everything in my area is going pretty good! Courtney is doing great, and received a calling in the Relief Society Enrichment Committee. She is so excited, and she got sustained yesterday in Sacrament meeting. Our investigator, Dean, is doing pretty great as well. Still very factual and skeptical, but we can tell he is softening.

Thank you all for all of the emails this week. I appreciate it so much. I love you all. :) Remember to pray often and continually be doing things that will strengthen your testimony. I have seen so many blessings by doing so. THE CHURCH IS TRUE

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison

ps. I have been our 4 months!! Crazy, right?? Here is a pic of the Nebrasquad :) We took two 4 months pictures.... I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I will send em' both!!



No comments:

Post a Comment