Monday, April 4, 2016

Hello, I Love Conference

April 4, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!!

This week has been a pretty good week here in Omaha! Yesterday was like 85 degrees, so it was way nice! It was a perfect day for tracting, that's for sure! We found a couple potential investigators, so that was fun :)

I feel like my week is mostly the same every week. Trying to re-activate less-actives, teaching our investigator who has literally broken every commandment, and having fun dinner appointments with members!

Something new we did this week was a fun service project with our Zone! We picked up trash in a huge park. Even though it was FREEZING that day and I felt like my face was going to fall off, it was fun being with the good ol' Papillion Zone! Afterwards, Sister Hall and I, and a few TC Sisters, went out to lunch. It was a good time. :)  We also did more service this week! Sister Hall and I were able to rake leaves on the temple grounds. Again, it was cold, but it is cool how being on the temple grounds warms you right up.

President Gardner gave the whole mission a challenge! He has asked us to read 5 pages of the Book of Mormon a day (Starting last Tuesday, and should end on the 4th of July), and highlighting and numbering every reference of Jesus Christ (Attributes, His words, His different names, and the Doctrine of Christ). Oh my gosh, I love it! It is so cool. It just reminds me even more that The Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Jesus Christ. My testimony of The Book of Mormon and the Savior has already increased so much, and it has only been a week! It is amazing to think that the whole mission is doing it too. At least the obedient ones..... ;)

Okay, okay... Time for my missionary spill about conference. WASN'T IT AMAZING? I loved it so much. I was even able to watch Priesthood session at a members house. I would be lying if I said conference didn't make me a little marriage hungry, but it's fine. I absolutely loved every session, but the Sunday afternoon session was probably my favorite. I especially loved Elder Holland's talk. I connected it to my missionary work. Sometimes missionary work is so frustrating, and it may feel like I am literally accomplishing nothing. But, as long as I am doing my best to fulfill my purpose, God will recognize that, and he will bless me. I loved when he said "Sanctify yourself. For tomorrow, the Lord will work wonders among you." It is so true. No matter what situation you are in, whether it's a mission, struggling with your testimony or just trying to feel God's love , working your hardest at it will bring miracles. Like Elder Holland said, if you are constantly striving to do your best, tomorrow will be a marvelous day. Why? Because the Lord will wants it to be.

I am so grateful for this gospel everyday. I have such a strong testimony. It is crazy to see my testimony grow more and more each day. I am so glad it is still the beginning of my mission, because I have so much more to learn. I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. Because of Him, there is hope. I am happy to wear His name over my heart each day. You may not physically have a nametag like I do, but His name can be engraved in your heart, as well, and you strive to follow His perfect example. :) (that's the beautiful thing about the atonement. When we mess up at following His example, we can always start again). I love you all! Have a great week, and remember God is mindful of you.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison

ps. The pictures are from the park cleaning. I look super awkward in the second picture. The elder taking the picture cracked a Harry Potter joke, and took the picture right when I was reacting.



No comments:

Post a Comment