Monday, April 18, 2016

Volleyball, Old Men, and Service!

April 18, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!

I will just start out saying straight up that I am going to be sending a lot of pictures. So, be ready :)

This week was another good one here in NE! :) I feel like I say that every week, but hey, when you are doing the Lords work, it will ALWAYS be a good week!!

I feel like I don't have too much to say, though. I can just start with last Monday! Last Monday we had an "Omaha Sisters" activity! All of the sisters serving in Omaha met at the institute building, and we had lunch, sand volleyball, air hockey, a pool table, and just lots of lots of fun. I love having such great relationships with all of the Sisters here! It is like a cheer team, with less bruises and drama. :)

We did service this week at a Food Pantry! It was so much fun! We were able to pack bags of lunch for less-fortunate children. It is such a cool thing that they do. They make these lunch bags, and secretly put them in kid's backpacks before they leave for the weekend, because they know they probably wont have a lot of food at home.

We had interviews with President Gardner this week. I love that man so much. He is truly such a great person, and manages to make every missionary feel like absolute gold! Whenever I talk to him, the spirit always testifies to me that I am meant to be here, and he is meant to be my mission president!

I got hit on by an old man this week. It was one of the creepiest experiences ever. We were doing service at a retirement home, and this old man without a leg, who looked very nice, asked Sister Hall and I to come talk to him. We went over there and he asked us what we were doing there, and we told him we were there for service. He looked at me and asked me if I thought he was attractive, and I just said with a smile "Well, sir, you are too old for me" and he proceeded to tell me that he was 29 years old (by the way, he's probably like in his 80's). I just laughed and said "Okay, whatever you say!" Then he kept asking me if I have ever "smoked the good stuff" and "drank the good stuff". I told him no, and he asked why! I thought it was a good missionary moment! So I told him about the Word of Wisdom, and how those things aren't good for our bodies. I wont go into detail about the other things he said, but lets just say it was along the lines of sneaking out and going through his window in the middle of the night to try the "good stuff". The conversation then ended very abruptly. I wanted to throw up a little bit. (A lot).

That is about all of the excitement that this week had to offer for me! We met with a lot of less-active members this week, so that was good. :) I love the spirit you feel as these less-active members realize how much the gospel has blessed them, and want to come back. It is a testimony builder to me about how lucky we are to have so many churches nearby, and be in good health to go. Don't take advantage of it. :)

Oh! The outside of the Trail Center is beautiful and very Springy!! So, of course we got pictures, we are girls!!

Love you all! I hope you have an amazing week. :) You are in my prayers.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


Dramatic volleyball picture. Very professional. Look at 'dat form.


Me and Sister Young :)


Me and a few sisters at the Trail Center :)


Me and Sister Chappell. We kind of matched.. So we thought we would get a picture.


The 3 blonde, crimpy haired girls, trying to be creative but it failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment