Monday, April 25, 2016

6 Months?? Cray.

April 25, 2016

Hello Fam and Friends!!!

This week was a pretty good week. I felt like it was crazy, and I barely had time to breath. We probably had a total of 5 hours in our area total this week. Lots of service projects, and shifts at the Trail Center. But, Heavenly Father always makes up the difference for us :)

First things first... I HAVE BEEN OUT 6 MONTHS. Isn't that so weird?? 1/3 of my mission is past! (well, kinda.. my release date is May 17th, 2017). These past 6 months have gone by crazy fast. It needs to slow down, because I love it too much. It is so cool to look back and see how I have grown. It makes me excited for the rest of my mission, because I know I will grow even more. Guys, missions are the best. Go on one.

Like I said, we didn't have much time in our area this week. We had a super fun service project though!! The Zone went and helped paint this woman's house, and fix up her yard. Her house was white, and now it is bright blue! We were outside for like 5 hours, but it was about 80 degrees with a light breeze, so it was perfect weather for service outside. I even got a sunburn!! I have never been more excited for a sunburn more in my life. It is turning tan now, and I am stoked. It may only be on one arm, and I may have an awkward farmers tan, but I feel so alive.

Sister Hall and I had a cool experience at the Trail Center this week!! Our goal at the TC was to testify of eternal families on tour. We took this cute couple on tour, and found out they weren't members. They told us they were going to be married in August, so it gave us the perfect opportunity to testify of eternal families!! They were asking so many of the right questions, and it was obvious that they were prepared. Towards the end of the tour, the girl even asked about the Angel on top of the temple. We were able to testify of The Book of Mormon, and they both wanted a copy. Sister Hall then invited them to have missionaries teach them more in their homes, and they agreed. To end our tour, we took them out to the cemetery, because of the sweet spirit that was there. On the way there, I received the impression to invite them to be baptized. I was kind of nervous, but as we were walking back I knew I had to do it. So, we stopped and I asked them what it would mean to them if this was true. They said it would mean everything. I then invited them to be baptized once they received that witness for themselves that it was true. They accepted with a smile :) We were kind of bummed because they aren't in our area, but it was still such a spiritually rewarding tour. Then, the next day, the Bascoms (a senior couple from the TC) called us and told us they took people on tour that wanted to meet with missionaries, and they were in OUR area! So what goes around comes around. :) Heavenly Father blessed us! I love the Trail Center with all of my heart. It is so obvious every single day that I am where I am supposed to be.

We had Stake Conference this week, and it sounds like you did too! :) It also sounds like we had about the same theme. Going to the temple, and recognizing revelation. It was so good :) Courtney took us with her! I love her!! During one of the talks, she turned to me and said "this makes me uncomfortable when I'm not able to take the sacrament.." She's so cute, I can't even handle it. Transfers are next Wednesday, and if I happen to get transferred, leaving Courtney will be the most painful thing in the world.

Well, that's about all I have for you this week. I hope all is well :) I miss you all, but I know I need to be here. :) It is so clear to me every day that this is the Lord's work, and I need to be His instrument.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


We found a stray dog.. It literally smelled like a cow. But don't worry, we found its owner.


me and some sisters got together for lunch. We played the "Ha" game. It is too hard and awkward to explain, so I'll just tell you the objective. The first person who laughs loses. We all lost.


6 MONTHS

No comments:

Post a Comment