Monday, August 22, 2016

I'm Polynesian

August 22, 2016

Hello Everyone!

Another week has passed, and I am sitting her at the computer again! I hope you all had a good week, and that you were able to see the Lord's hand. I definitely was! I hit my 10 months since I left for the MTC yesterday! We were going to take our 10 month picture on Saturday, but Sister Irwin had lice.. Hahahahaha, sucker. So we will take it this week and I will send it next Monday.

I will start off talking about last Monday! All of the senior couples have a dinner together once a month, and the theme was a Hawaiian theme. So, I was able to Hula dance with a few of the other sisters. It was so fun!! I wont lie, it was kind of awkward having to shake my hips in front of President Gardner. His face the whole time was priceless. He shook my hand afterwards, so everything is fine.

We have seen quite a few miracles this week! On Saturday night, we weren't seeing too much success. We had about 5 minutes left of the night, and so we said a prayer to find someone to teach the restoration to. As we were walking to our car, a couple was getting OUT of their car. So, of course, we ran up to them. At first, they were pretty annoyed haha. We asked them what it would mean to be with their family forever, and they said that they already knew that. Then, kind of boldly, I brought up their wedding vowes. I mentioned how they said "Till Death Due You Part", and that doesn't mean forever. This sparked their interest. We were able to teach the restoration and give them a copy of The Book of Mormon. It was just amazing that their hearts were so hardened at first, but then the spirit was able to soften them.

At the Visitors' Center, we take online chats and teach people over phone. I have recently been emailing this man named Lee, he is from England and he is very interested. He came onto mormon.org out of curiosity, but I let him know that it wasn't a coincidence, and that Heavenly Father wants him to find out the truth. Lee has been progressing like crazy. He doesn't want to meet with local missionaries yet because his wife wouldn't approve, but we assured him that if he continues to read The Book of Mormon and pray, then his wife will come around. Over the phone, he started to cry. He felt like as a 43 year old man, he was inadequate to be baptized, especially with all of the wrong he has done in his life. I assured him that if there were perfect people on the earth, there would be no need for Jesus Christ. I was able to testify of the Atonement, and how it is sufficient for everyone, especially him. The spirit testified truth to him, and he wants to be baptized. He is now going to try and visit the London Visitors' Center, and he travels to America a lot and is dedicated to going to Temple Square. He also prayed for the very first time. I can't even count how many times he said the word "brilliant", while telling us how he felt afterwards. Even though we don't have too many investigators in our area, it is so amazing being able to still teach people online and over the phone. I love being at the Trail Center.

Our less-active, Karen, is progressing! She came to church AGAIN, and even brought her other Less-active friend. As we met with her yesterday, she had a new light in her eyes. She told us that she is going to start preparing for the temple, which is amazing. I am so happy for her.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. I miss you all, but I know I am where God needs me to be.

"31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us,who can be against us 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the daylong; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present,nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:31-39

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison



Hula dance!!! Plus the Haka dudes. 


We tried "star fruit" this week!


Saturday morning training


Me and Sister Cope :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment