Monday, August 1, 2016

Transfer Week is back at it.

August 1, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!!

Yes, it was transfers this week, and yes.. I did get transferred. This will be my 5th companion in the 7 transfers I have been out, which is kind of unusual. But, that's fine! I am just too much for one person to handle for more than 6 weeks ;)

But yes, I am in a brand new area. I am in, what is called, the "Old Mill" ward, and my companion is Sister Janson. She is very hard working, which is great! She has been out about 3 months, and just got finished being trained.

My new ward is so fun! It is weird, it feels like a mixture of my last two areas. But, I am excited to serve here. It covers some very wealthy mansion areas, and also some very ghetto dangerous areas. It will be an adventure for sure!!!

We found out about transfers on Tuesday morning! Sister Slater and I were studying, and we usually find out about transfers through members, because we ask them to check the ward roster. They texted us back and said we were staying the same, so we were happy and went along our merry ol' way. Then, our Sister Training Leaders called us and said "you guys really haven't heard yet?", and we told them we heard we were staying together. Then, they said the rosters haven't been updated yet, and I was getting sent to Old Mill. It was such a surprise!! So, I packed for a couple hours on Tuesday, then Wednesday was the big switch!

We have a couple investigators we are working with in Old Mill. We met with Terell on Saturday, and had an awesome lesson with him. It was super powerful and he was set on going to church. But.. He exercised his agency and didn't show up. That is okay, though. He'll come around. :) We have another investigator named Tonyia! I haven't met her yet, but I hear she is an amazing woman, and that she is so prepared for the gospel!

Every time I get transferred, I feel such a sense of peace. I know that this is exactly where Heavenly Father needs me to be at this time. :)

I am sorry this weekly email was lame! Hopefully I will have more to talk about next week. Love you all!!

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." - 1 Nephi 21:16

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


CARNNNN


Sister Slater and I had to take a cheesy Nebraska picture to end the transfer.


My ward mission leader in Bennington made me this to say goodbye.. haha


Me and my new companion, Sister Janson!

No comments:

Post a Comment