Monday, August 29, 2016

Nebraska Storms!

August 29, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!

It was another good week here in Nebraska! The weather is calming down a little bit, so that is nice! We had a couple 75 degrees days, which was amazing!! It made tracting and street contacting a lot easier!!

The Trail Center is getting slower, so I have been taking less tours, which is sad. I love taking tours :) But I did take a couple interesting ones this week. The first one I took was a couple of non-member, old ladies. They came in strictly for the "history". As I took them in the film, I explained that the pioneers weren't just US History, but there was a lot of church history. They seemed to be fine with that, and they enjoyed the film. As soon as I started to take them around the gallery, they immediately asked a lot of questions about Nauvoo. One of them asked if the pioneers were anywhere before Nauvoo, and I told them Ohio. Then, they asked if they were anywhere before Ohio. I told them that they were in New York, and they seemed puzzled! It was the perfect way for me to slip in the restoration. After I shared the First Vision and bore my testimony, one of the ladies turned away for me and demanded a self-tour, without me. I was kind of thrown back! But, I respected their wishes and told them to let me know if they had any questions. At first, my feelings were pretty hurt! But then the spirit reminded me of the Savior. His testimony was rejected all of the time, but he kept doing what he knew was right. I then felt an overwhelming amount of appreciation. We, as missionaries, are called to find the "elect". Again, we, as missionaries, are called to help others come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel. The spirit testified to me that I did exactly what I was supposed to, and fulfilled my purpose in that tour, even though they didn't accept it. I am rejected all of the time while out in my area, but that is normal. So being rejected at the TC was new! I am glad it happened though. It was a great learning experience.

I gave another, happy, tour! It was a single woman. She and her husband sold their house, and have been RVing since March. Her husband is not a member, but she makes him stop at all of these sites so she can go to the temple. I asked her where he was, and she said "He is in the RV. I invited him to join me, but he rejected." She then proceeded to tell me that her only child fell away from the church when he was a teenager, so she was the only member in her family now. Her faith amazed me. We just were able to sit and cry together about the blessings of the temple, and how mindful God is of all of our situations. Towards the end, she wept and said "every time I do sealings, I just pray and ask Heavenly Father that I can one day have my turn, without me acting as proxy". I received an overwhelming feeling of peace, and was able to promise her that if she continues to go to the temple, then it will happen. It was a neat tour.

There was a cool storm this week!! There was never-ending thunder roles and lightening. I have never seen anything quite like it! It took mine and Sister Janson's power out of our apartment, but it was fun sitting in the dark with the window open!

I hope you all have a good week. I know that God loves all of you, and is so mindful of you. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of this gospel. What are you doing to show God you are grateful for it? Just something to ponder. :) Love you all!

" Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day." - Alma 37:37

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


This woman, Sis Woods, is in my ward. She LOVES the Sisters more than life, haha. 


Those who live near the TC work out there in the morning. We made a music video during our workout, and this is the album cover... Haha


our delayed 10 months picture!


^same. Sister Irwin has talked about doing this 10 month pose since our 1 month picture.. Haha. She is so funny. 


Nebrasquad

No comments:

Post a Comment