Monday, September 12, 2016

Transfers Strike Again!!!

September 12, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!!

From all of your emails, It sounds like you had a fantastic week. I had a great week, as well!! It was super crazy, though. As you can see from my subject line, yes, it was transfers. Yes, I got transferred AGAIN. This is now my 4th area and 6th companion in a little over 10 months haha. President likes to throw me around a little bit, but it is fine! Actually, on Monday night, I received a phone call from President Gardner regarding transfers! He has given me a new assignment! I am now a Sister Training Leader/Trail Center Leader!!!! A Sister Training Leader in our mission is pretty much a female version of a Zone Leader. I am able to work more with President Gardner, and give special trainings to my Zone every transfer. I have a stewardship of sisters that President wants us to work with, and I also get to take sisters on companion exchanges to help them out more with their missionary work! A Trail Center Leader works very closely with the Trail Center Directors. Now, I get to make the schedules for everyone, give trainings about the Trail Center every Saturday morning, and help/serve all of the TC Sisters as best as I can. I am very excited about these new assignments. Life is even more busy now, but I know that the Lord is mindful of me, and will bless my efforts. Also... My new companion is..... SISTER ORTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited about that. We are having a blast together, and are best friends. It is nice having a brand new closet, too. Haha we share clothes like everyday.  It is the perfect combination of working hard and having fun. I am so honored for this opportunity.

My new ward is super fun. The bishop actually called me on Saturday and asked me to speak yesterday! It was a good way to introduce myself to the ward.  I am in the Winter Quarters ward now! The people are so cool and.. different! But, different is good, and a heck of a lot more entertaining. I really do love my new area/ward. Everyone is so nice and loving! Just don't look up the crime rates in Florence Nebraska/North Omaha.. Because that's my area. Haha :)

Like I said, this has been a super crazy and busy week. We haven't had a lot of time to be in our area, or to even breath. We have been working a lot with the brand new Trail Center sisters that came in this week. We had a evening where we all had dinner together, and Sister Orton and I had to show them this big slideshow of Trail Center Rules. Our days have been so booked, but, it is cool how Heavenly Father makes up the difference. We have seen lots of miracles already. We have a handful of investigators and people we are working with. One in specific is our investigator named Taylor. She is 21 and pregnant, but she LOVES the gospel. She has such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. Her only problem is her ex-boyfriend.. He broke up with her because she wants to get baptized, which definitely threw her through a loop. So, we are hoping to get her back on track and to work toward the waters of baptism again. Please pray for Taylor!

Sister Orton and I took such a cool tour this week. It was this woman who's a member of the church. Through the whole tour the spirit was so strong. We felt prompted to really focus on enduring through trials, and focusing on the simple ways to strengthen a testimony (prayer, church, scriptures). At the end of the tour, this woman started tearing up. In her words, she said "I didn't want to tell you this, but, I have been less-active for a long time. I needed some peace in my life, so I felt like I needed to come here. This is exactly what I needed". It was so cool, and the spirit was so strong. It is amazing how perfectly Heavenly Father knows each and every single one of His children. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father trusts us enough to send us His troubled children, and try to bring them back home. Missionary work is so incredible. We receive a front row seat to how the Gospel truly changes lives.

This week will be fun! We have Zone Conference, and Elder Falabella of the 70 is going to come and train us. I am so excited. Also, afterwards, Elder Falabella is giving a special training to the leadership of the mission. President Gardner has asked me to do a musical number at that training, so I feel honored and am super excited. I am so ready to learn this week!!! I love Zone Conferences.

I ponder about how I was before my mission and think about how I have changed so far. Obviously I still am the same, but I am also so different. I have such a greater understanding of the Gospel. I have such a strong relationship with my Savior. I truly know what is important in life now. I kind of cringe thinking about how my life would be if I never decided to come on a mission. I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. This is the best thing I have ever done. I am so grateful that I have even more to learn with these next 8 months, and the progression will honestly never stop, even afterwards. For that, I am grateful.   The Lord is so mindful of every single one of us.

I love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week :)

"13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." -Mosiah 24:13-14

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison

The new team. Me and Sis. Orton, getting down to business. 


There was a cool sunset, so of course we took artsy (awkward) pics!


Another picture of us... There will be a lot of those. 

No comments:

Post a Comment