Monday, September 5, 2016

The Lord's Timing

September 5, 2016

Hola Familia and Amigos! ( I asked President Gardner to send me full-proselyting/spanish speaking. He just laughed in my face and walked away. I think I am prepared, though.)

This week went by very quickly!! It was a super great week, though!!

I want to start with sharing a cool miracle! There is a man in my ward that has been investigating the church for 40 years that us and the Elders have been working with. His wife is a faithful member, and he attends with her each week. The bishop even said he is the most faithful tithe payer in the ward! No one really understood why he wouldn't get baptized because he truly felt like a member of the ward.This week, something clicked with him. No one knows what it was, but he decided to get baptized last week!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so cool!! He is shy and very private, so the only people he invited was us, the elders, and a couple other missionaries who worked with him. It was a beautiful service. He asked me to give the talk on The Holy Ghost, and I also was able to do a musical number for him. It truly does show that we CANNOT give up on people. It may take them 40 years, but God has his own timing. Such an amazing experience.

I took a cool tour this week! It was a non-member couple. They were fairly interested in everything about the gospel. They asked so many great questions. It was so cool because I didn't answer their questions; the spirit did! It was a powerful tour. They asked me why I decided to go on a mission, and I was able to share my experience with them. They started to cry and told me that I reminded them of their granddaughter, whom they haven't seen in a long time. After the tour, I shared with them my testimony and offered them a copy of The Book of Mormon. They accepted quickly, and already committed to read it. I asked them if they would be interested in learning more, and they said yes! When I mentioned having missionaries in their area visit them, they wife looked so sad!! She said "But, what if I want to learn from YOU?" and asked if I could teach them. I told them that I only cover a certain area, and can only cover that specific one. Then, she told me that she is in the process of moving, and doesn't have a current residence. She told me that the friends she lives with wouldn't appreciate the missionaries coming over. We decided that we would keep in touch and that I would teach her online until she has a current residence, so we can send the missionaries in her area. It was such a cool tour. It is amazing how the Lord sends prepared individuals to the Trail Center. I love being a Visitor Center missionary. This is the perfect mission for me.

We met an African refugee family yesterday! It was so neat. The dad didn't even hesitate to let us in. At first, his heart was pretty hardened. He kept telling us that he was happy being catholic. But, as we shared the message of the restoration, we saw his heart soften. He told us we could come back, and we set a specific time to teach him and his wife. Then, as I was going to say the closing prayer, the dad asked me to pray for some specific things happening with their family. The spirit was so strong afterwards, and we knew that everything would be well with them.

Words cannot even explain how much I love my mission. My heart has never felt so happy and at peace. This week about 5 sisters are going home from the Trail Center. This is the last group going home from the Trail Center until I go home, which means my group will be the oldest! So weird!! I am glad that I still have a while until I go home. There is so much work I need to do here in Omaha. :) I love you all! Have a good week!!!!!

" 16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescensionof God?
 17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." -1 Nephi 11:16-17

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


On the first Saturday of the month at TC Training, they like to embarrass and sing to everyone who has birthday's that month. #BIRTHDAYMONTH


since transfers are this week, it was the last district meeting with this specific district!


Everyone who helped with Brother Griffin's baptism!! (at least within this year)


Just the sisters :)


It was Sister Svensson's bday last week, so we went out to lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment