Monday, October 17, 2016

Music and Authorities!

October 17, 2016

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a good week last week :) I had a good week, as well! Pretty busy, as usual, but the best, as usual :)

Sister Orton and I went on a couple of exchanges this week! I was able to be with Sister Irwin for one of them, so that was super fun! It was fun seeing how we have both grown since the MTC (which was almost a year ago, sooo weird). But, we had a lot of fun and saw a lot of success on exchanges!!

On my second exchange this week, I was with a newer sister named Sister Willmore. She is a sweet heart and has been out a little over a month. We saw a lot of success, too! We actually met this girl named Mallory. She was a referral from the Spanish Elders. When we stopped by she seemed kind of reserved, but as we testified to her of the truthfulness of this gospel, she opened up. She said when the Elders first met her, they "blessed her". A couple days later she got in a huge car accident with a semi truck. Although she is bruised from head to toe, she was able to walk away from the accident! She knew it wasn't a coincidence that she was saved after the Elders stopped by. So, she agreed to be baptized on the doorstep and we are meeting with her on Wednesday :)

Our investigator, Chris, is doing really well! We had an awesome lesson with him last week, and he came to church yesterday! He is definitely progressing :)

This week I was able to take a member of the 70 on tour of the Trail Center! His name is Elder Daniel L. Johnson! It was a super cool experience! There is such a strong spirit that general authorities hold. I felt so blessed to have that experience!

Sister Gardner asked me, Sister Orton and another companionship to do musical numbers at a Stake High Priest Activity! It was a lot of fun. I was able to sing a few songs, and then I played the piano! I was able to figure out the piano chords to a song, and so I played and then another sister played the Violin. It was neat!

I feel like this email is kind of boring! Not too many things to explain this week. But I am still loving it here, and having the time of my life. :)  I love you all! My prayers are with you!

Love,
Sister Hutchison



Our "awkward family (district) photo" 


exchanges with Sister Irwin


Sister Orton let me pluck her eyebrows... hahaha


face masks are life


the "Hutchison" ward from Kansas came into the TC. I happened to have my hat! How fitting!! (Thanks for the hat, Scotty)




PS. I thought you would all enjoy this rap I wrote back in April about the Trail Center. I think you'll learn a lot of history. Sister Orton helped me with the "what" s. One day I'll be rapping on stage with Beyonce.

No comments:

Post a Comment