Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!!

October 31, 2016

Hello everyone!!

It was another great week :) It was kind of slow, but not in any bad way! Just didn't go as quick as usual!

It is getting chillier here in Nebraska!! It is turning into the phase where the only thing members feed you is Chili and baked potatoes. Sister Orton didn't even have to buy food from the grocery store today because our fridge is so stocked up with leftover chili and taco soup from various members.

We went on a couple of exchanges this week!! On our first exchange, I was with a sister who has only been out 2 transfers. She has been struggling a lot with being here on her mission! She did NOT want to get called to a visitor center, and she was pretty bitter about it for a while! But, as we were talking, there was something different about her! She said that she received a letter from her mom that totally changed her outlook on her mission, and ever since then, she has LOVED the Trail Center!! The spirit is so cool :) It truly does change hearts!!

We went on another exchange this week! I was with Sister Ibanez! She has only been out 2 transfers as well, and she is from the Philippines! We had a fun time. I loved getting to know her and learning some Tagolic :) (unsure on the spelling)

Our investigators are doing well!! We have Chris set for a date for baptism, so hopefully he will continue to keep commitments to work towards that day! :) I have faith that he will! He is progressing so well!

We found another investigator this week! Her name is Alicia. She was a former investigator, so we decided to stop by. She let us right in! We were able to have a lesson with her, and we taught her the restoration. It made so much sense to her. She wants more than anything in the world to know she can be with her daughters forever! The message of the Restoration gave great comfort to her! We have a couple of appointments set up for this week already, and she agreed to baptism! We are excited to continue to keep working with her. Heavenly Father is blessing us greatly.

We had our Missionary Leadership Council this week! It was great :) I love being trained by President Gardner and the assistants. Finding out more ways to improve is such a great feeling. This week is the busy week when Sister Orton and I get to go train in a couple different Zone Trainings about everything we learned to other missionaries. I love these weeks! :)

Tonight we are having a big Halloween party at the Trail Center!! Sister Orton and I are dressing up like each other. I put a sneak peak in this email, but you'll get better pictures of it next week :)

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. It is truly such a blessing. I am so happy to share it :)

I hope you all have a fantastic week!! I miss you, but know this is where God needs me to be!

"17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison



Me and my little Filipino <3


Halloween sneak peak.. Be ready!! 


Sister Orton and I are totes adorbz

No comments:

Post a Comment