Monday, October 3, 2016

"Serving Jesus is the Best Thing Ever!"

October 3, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!

It was another INSANE week here in Nebraska. It went by pretty slow though, because meetings were what constantly kept us busy. But, all is well!! :) It was still SUCH A GOOD WEEK.

I will start off telling you all that you should be proud of me, because I got a flu shot! The doctor that volunteers at the health clinic where we serve insisted that Sister Orton and I should get one. So, we did! They hit a capillary or something when they gave me the shot, so my arm bled a lot and got super stiff, but that's okay! The only bad part was the next day... Sister Orton and I both had bad reactions to the shot, and were SUPER sick. We woke up the next morning and felt like we had just been hit by a bus (fever, chills, upset stomach, headaches, etc.) . THEN we had to go to a 7 hour meeting for all of the leaders in the mission (which I also had been asked prior to sing for a musical number). Even though we felt sick, the meeting was AWESOME!!! We learned so much. This week, we get to train everyone in our zone about what President Gardner and the Assistants trained us on. Heavenly Father definitely helped us feel better during that meeting. After the meeting, we had to go take a driving test! There is a big Trail Center activity in just a couple of hours, and so Sister Orton and I had to learn how to be "van certified" so we could take the 15 passenger van today, and lug a bunch of sisters in the back. For dinner that night, we went over to a member's house. We made her hug us like a mom and take our temperatures so we would feel better, and it worked a little. But, luckily, the next day we felt fine!!

Sister Orton and I had a cool miracle on Teaching Center this week (our online chatting). Sister Orton and I were determined to send a solid referral, so we were hoping and praying to find one. This man named Telvin ordered a Bible, so we called him to confirm his order! We asked him why he ordered the Bible, and he said he didn't know why, he just felt like he needed to. We asked him if we could share a message with him that help him know why he felt prompted to order the Bible. He agreed, we prayed, and then we taught the Restoration. The whole time he was in awe, and he felt like he could relate to Joseph Smith. Afterwards, we asked him how he felt. He said "I have never felt this way before. I can't begin to explain how I am feeling. This is such a good feeling." We were then able to testify to him about the influence of the Holy Ghost, and that he could feel that way all of the time. We committed him to baptism, which was exciting, and then sent his information off to the local missionaries in his area. We are hoping and praying they will contact him soon. :) I love being able to use Teaching Center!

Here is my missionary spiel about conference (hence my subject line from the quote in Elder Yamashita's talk) ... General Conference was AMAZING. I learned so much. I loved Russel M. Nelson's talk about JOY. What he said is so true when he said "We claim that joy by looking unto Jesus". I love that, because it is so true. If you aren't truly happy, you aren't applying the Atonement well enough in your life. If you aren't truly happy, you aren't constantly striving to live like the Savior. I also loved Elder Ballard's talk. It really stuck out to me when he kept saying "to whom should you go?" It really made me realize how blessed I was to have the gospel. That is why I am here on a mission! Lots of people don't know "to whom [they should] go". This gospel is THE MOST important thing in this world . Because of this Gospel, this world was created! We should never let ourselves be discouraged when we are worthily living the Gospel, because Elder Ballard is right, "even though the storm might beat the old ship, remember the Savior is on board".

Sorry for the long email! I hope you all know how much I love you!! You are constantly in my prayers. Thanks for the love and support I receive from all of you. Have a wonderful/blessed week!

Love,
Sister Hutchison

"24 Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.
 25 And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather have commanded that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see; even so shall ye do unto the world; and whosoever breaketh this commandment suffereth himself to be led into temptation." 3 Nephi 18:24-25



flu shots...... Yeah. 


MLC (missionary leadership council) The Elders always sneak in the pic :) It's okay, we love them anyways! 


MLC


MLC


Saturday morning training

No comments:

Post a Comment