Monday, November 14, 2016

The Weekly Email :)

November 14, 2016

Hello, Fam and Friends!!

Wow. Another week has come and gone! I cannot believe we are halfway through November now.. Where is time going? It needs to stop!! I had an awesome week, though! Definitely full of miracles!! Also, I went to the dentist today for the first time in over a year. NO CAVITIES :D

I will start off talking about Kale, our investigator. He is doing fantastic and is progressing so well. :) This week we were able to read some of the Book of Mormon with him, and talk to him about the Prophet. He did give in and smoke 1 cigarette, so we moved his baptism date to December 3rd. :( But, that is okay! As soon as we told him that we were going to have to move his date back he was shocked! He told us he didn't realize it would effect his date, and so he threw out his lighter right then in front of us. He recommitted to never smoke again. It was a cool experience! He also was able to go to church yesterday, and he really enjoyed it! I don't think he felt left out, because he was already acquainted with quite a few members of the ward. We are excited to see him again tonight! The Bishop is picking him up and bringing him to his house for Family Home Evening, where we are going to teach tithing. We know it will be a great lesson. :) He is so prepared for the gospel. He tells us that he is so much happier in his life now. We definitely know why. :)

We found a couple more investigators this week. Their names are Billy and Sherrie! Their level of interest is debatable, but by the end of the restoration, their hearts were softened! We are excited to go back this week and to teach them more :)

I took a cool tour at the Trail Center yesterday! It was a woman who was newer to the area. She was a member of the church, but she was having a super bad day. She said she needed to be uplifted, and knew that she could be at the Trail Center. At that moment, I felt an overwhelming feeling from Heavenly Father. It really hit me how much he trusts me with His children. He trusts me enough to take them on tour and talk to them when they need to be uplifted. We had a great tour together and a great discussion. I think I needed the tour just as much as she did. We watched a video about Christ and felt so good afterwards. This really is what true happiness is.

This week really was a great week, but the rest of it is kind of a blurr! So, I will just tell you some awkward things that happened to me:

  • I read a laffy-taffy joke at a dinner appointment and I started crying so hard because it was so funny. The members were super confused but they just don't understand that you don't hear a lot of funny jokes as a missionary. "What do you call a bear in the rain?" "A DRIZZLY BEAR" 😂
  • This was a couple weeks ago, but I got hugged on the street by a homeless guy on crack. That was scary. I was figuring out ways in my head as to how I was going to beat the heck out of him if he kidnapped me. 
  • Sister Orton and I were driving today, and there was a lost dog running up and down the street. It kept trying to get in someones car, but the people wouldn't let it get in. Long story short, I started bawling because I felt so bad for the little dog while Sister Orton was laughing hysterically at me. It's okay.. I am recovered now. 

On a more spiritual note, I am so grateful for my mission! This week I hit my "1 Year Since I Landed In Omaha"! I remember the moment that I stepped off of the plane. I instantly felt so much peace, and knew this is where God needed me to be. Now, I feel that way every day. :) I am so grateful for my mission and for the way that it is changing my heart. I am so happy that I have 6 more months left for changing :)

Have a great week!! I love you all :)

"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31: 20

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


Sister Beck and I on exchanges, gazing in each others eyes!




Our mission moms (our trainers) all send us a cute package since we hit our 1 year mark in the field :) THANKS SISTER BROWER, SLATER, HYDE AND STRONG!!!


We obviously arrived to the wrong address for our dentist appointment today!

ALSO BEFORE I FORGET: Since it is Christmas time, the Gingerbread Festival is starting up again at the Trail Center. WHICH MEANS it is going to get pretty busy. Our TC Directors have asked that some sisters be on shift on a Mondays for the season. So, next week my PREPARATION DAY WILL BE ON TUESDAY :) So don't freak out when I don't email on Monday! 


Something random haha :) Sorry for all of the emails! Hopefully you get them all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment