Tuesday, November 22, 2016

"Wake up, Cousin! We're Going to the ZOO!"

November 22, 2016

Hello again!!

I feel like I start each weekly email the same.. But, each week is awesome so I wouldn't be lying if I always said "Another great week" everytime! So.. It was another great week here in Nebraska :)

First of all, our investigator, Kale, is progressing SO WELL. He is seriously so prepared; it is incredible. This week we had a lesson with him in our bishop's home. We taught him about tithing and fasting. He LOVES the idea of both of them, and is excited to apply it in his life. He mentioned that it might be difficult for him to pay tithing, but he also mentioned that he is going to be faithful and do it for the Lord. Bishop Bendorf was able to testify about the blessings he has seen from tithing. It was a powerful lesson! We had another lesson with Kale this week at another member of our ward's house, The Astles. They live in a house literally right across the street from the temple. They have a beautiful view of the temple right outside their front window. So, we taught the ten commandments, and we also taught about the temple. Sister Astle recently had a brother return home from his mission, and so he joined us for the lesson. It was great! Kale is super excited to go to the temple and be baptized for his dad. We had one last lesson with Kale this week, and it was right before Brad Harland's baptism (he is someone I taught while I was in the Rockbrook ward. It was so happy to see). Brother Matthews, another member, attended that with us, and we taught Kale more about the Priesthood. He knows it is a big responsibility, but is so excited to serve the Lord to the best of his abilities. He enjoyed the baptism a lot, and couldn't stop telling everyone he saw how excited he was for HIS baptism. It was sweet. Then, he LOVED church on Sunday. He showed up feeling a little overwhelmed about everything. He has been stressed because he feels like he has to learn everything at once, but the members of the ward reached out to him and assured him that it takes time, and how he shouldn't be overwhelmed. This helped him a lot, seeing the support of the ward, and he enjoyed all of church. Apparently they announced his baptism in Priesthood, and so that made him even more excited seeing how excited everyone is for him. His testimony is strengthening. He bears it to us all of the time, without even realizing it. It is amazing how prepared he is by the Lord. I feel so blessed to be teaching him.

Speaking of Brad's baptism.. That was so amazing. It is amazing to see the change in him from when I left Rockbrook to now. I went up to Brad and asked him what had changed, and he said it just hit him. Then, I jokingly said "I knew you were listening to all the lessons with Kerry!!" Then, to my surprise, he said "I really was listening". It brought tears to my eyes. That was a neat experience.

Something exciting that happened this week is SISTERS' SLATER, MURPHY, HYDE AND FRONK CAME TO VISIT. It was such a fun surprise!!! I love those sisters soooooo dang much. I got to see them quite a bit, and CRIED quite a bit when I had to say goodbye.. But that is okay. :) I love that I have made best friends here, that I know will last a lifetime.

Directly after I email today, I am heading the the Omaha Zoo!! (if that makes my subject line make more sense.. Also , it's a Harry Potter reference). I haven't been yet, and some members are getting us in with their passes! Apparently it is the #1 Zoo in the nation! So stoked!

It was an awesome week. The Gingerbread festival started again so the Trail Center is getting BUSY!! I am so grateful for this work. I am having the time of my life, and I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of my Savior.

For old times sake, Here is my favorite scripture. Alma 36:3. : "3 And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

Love,
Sister Hutchison



We always back (me and Slater)


When my bff's came to visit <3


Katie serves at the Clinic with us, but it was her last week :(


Sister Orton has an artistic mind


We got a new car. Its a 2017 Chevy Malibu and probably the nicest car I'll ever drive in my life.


BRAD'S BAPTISM

No comments:

Post a Comment