Monday, February 13, 2017

NE is Happy

February 13, 2017

Hello Fam and Friends!

Sorry for the random subject line; sometimes I don't know what to put!

It was a great week this week. It went by crazzzzyyyyyyy fast It was another week with a crazy huge snow storm.. But.. The very next day was 60 degrees, so it is all melted again! I love not having to wear tights! Woot woot! It is not supposed to get below 40 all of this week. Friday is supposed to be 67! Needless to say, I am very happy. Hopefully winter is over!

Last Monday, I forgot to tell you that I was able to clean the temple!! It was so much fun :) Sister Hall had never cleaned it, so we were able to be in charge of cleaning the Celestial Room. It was a beautiful experience!

I had a funny experience. So, Sister Hall and I were out finding families, and we knocked on a woman's door! She answered and kind of stared at us and said "Hola". It didn't take too long to figure out that she didn't speak a lick of English. We kind of just stood there, trying to figure out how to communicate. All I could say was "Jesu Cristo!!" and that I was "Hermana Hutchison". Eventually, I just lifted up my copy of The Book of Mormon and said "El Libro De Mormon!" She smiled and let us in her house!!! Again, we just stood there being frustrated that we couldn't communicate. In my broken Spanish, all I could tell her was that I liked her house (I think it is Me Gusto su Casa, or something like that). She said Gracias, so I figured it was right!! Needless to say, the gift of tongues didn't happen. That is okay, though! We gave her a Spanish copy of the Book of Mormon that we had in our car, and called the Spanish Sister Missionaries. They went back and could understand her, obviously, and said she was golden and so prepared for the gospel! Glad my 2 years of Spanish class did some good!

Like I said, it was a great week! We were able to have Zone Conference, and that was a blast!! I feel so blessed to have the leaders that I do. When President Gardner is a General Authority one day, I will be able to say that he was my Mission President. :) Anyways, we received a lot of great guidance an Zone Conference. There is nothing quite like being in a huge group of missionaries. The Spirit is always so strong.

Sister Hall and I saw a pretty cool miracle this week. We have been being very specific with our prayers, and we were really praying to find a family with a mini-van, whose husband's name is Jon! Earlier that week, we drove past a few houses with mini-vans and we were in a hurry so we couldn't stop. But, that image of those houses were burnt into my mind! I kept feeling regret for not stopping, and I knew we needed to go back!! So, on one particular day, we felt like we needed to go out of our way to go to that neighborhood. We felt really great when we prayed before we got out of the car, and so we went to the first house with a mini van! A sweet woman named Virginia opened the door, and she was very nice! We talked to her for a couple of minutes and then her cute son ran to the door. We asked what his name was, and he said "Jonathan!" Then, we asked Virginia what her husband's name was, and she said it was Jonathan, as well!! It was so neat! She said we could come back and teach her family (she has 5 kids), so we are excited to go back :) Prayer works! Specific prayers bring specific miracles.

I feel like I don't have much more to share with you this week. But, I do want to share my testimony. As I was sitting in Sacrament meeting yesterday, my heart was overwhelmed with gratitude. I know that this is Christ's original church, which has been restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. I know that through God's Priesthood Power, our families can be binded for eternity. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world, and this is through Him that we can be forgiven and live with God again. I love this work so much. I love this gospel. I am so grateful to be a missionary.

Have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


It is a little blurry.. But.. We really didn't take pictures this week, so we took this today before we can to email! 


a pic from Zone Conference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment