Monday, May 9, 2016

Rockbrook-Bennington!

May 9, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!!

Wow, what a crazy week I have had!! It was so fun talking to most of you yesterday. Oh my goodness, it lit up my whole week being able to see the faces of the family that I love so much. :)

Since I FaceTimed yesterday, most of you already know about my week! But, I am going to tell you about it again anyways. So! Transfers were this week!! Crazy, right?? I did, indeed, get transferred. I am now in Bennington Nebraska, in the Bennington Ward (go figure!!). It is seriously so nice here. I love it! I feel like I am in Draper, near the temple! Everyone has such nice houses and it is just full of beautiful neighborhoods. I am actually by tons of cornfields, so I am stoked!! My apartment complex even has a gym, sooo.. I'm gonna be getting pretty buff soon. Be ready for it.

I met a lot of the ward yesterday and church. They are all so sweet. This is such a missionary-minded ward, so I am very excited about it. Everyone was so welcoming. I received so many hugs yesterday haha!

My companion's name is Sister Firth, and she is awesome. :) She is so sweet! She actually came out the same time as my last companion, and it from the same place! They are very different though, haha. I am excited for my new adventure in Bennington!

Although I am very happy about transfers, it was so hard to say goodbye to certain ward members in Rockbrook.. Especially Courtney. We probably hugged and cried for a good 10 minutes. It was so sad!!!!!!!! She later texted me and told me that she named her new fish "Missy", so I guess that makes up for it a little bit. But, the best of all was when I walked out the door and I heard her say "I owe you millions". That is why I am here on a mission. I am here to bring the gospel into the lives of those who are prepared. It was amazing truly seeing the change in Courtney and her family as the gospel has been brought into their lives.

This week's email is a little shorter than usual, because I honestly don't know exactly what to say since I talked with you all yesterday! I am grateful for the gospel, and the influence it has. I am grateful to be a missionary. It truly has changed me for the better, and I love doing the Lord's work!!

Love,
Sister Missy  Hutchison


saying goodbye to Courtney :(


me and Sister Firth!


Sis. Chappell and I took this hilarious woman on tour, and she gave us maple syrup from her factory.


My new area! 

No comments:

Post a Comment