Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Too Much Fun in One Week

May 31, 2016

Hello everyone!!

Yes, I am emailing on a Tuesday. Because of the holiday yesterday, the library was closed! But man, I felt like I had a crazy week! So much happened!

I'll just start with last Monday. So, after I emailed last week, a couple sisters came over to our apartment and we made chocolate/caramel covered pretzels. Then, since our apartment complex has a movie theater, we took our pretzels there and watch approved church movies. It was the bomb!! Except... I may have eaten too many and threw up some pretzels. I can never eat pretzels again now, but its fine.

Tuesday, we were on shift at the Trail Center ALL DAY, from 9-9. It was actually way fun :) I took an interesting tour.. It was an FLDS family. If I don't want to sugar coat it, they were straight up polygamist. It was only the siblings though. The boys were decked out like cowboys, and the girls had their braids, skirts, and sketchers. All in all, it was a good tour. We were able to testify of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith together! There were a few awkward moments though.. Like at the end when one of the guys told me that I'll find out soon enough that they are right, "it's only a matter of time". Then, another guy told me he was 18, but his sister pulled me aside and told me he lied and that he was really 32. Interesting tour. All God's children.

We went on a Trail Center field trip this week! It was so fun. We all hopped in Senior couples' cars and drove around Nebraska and Iowa. We stopped at cool church history sites and learned a lot! It was a fun day.

This week we were able to find a really awesome woman. We were tracting, and when she opened her door she listened very intently to the message of the Restoration. Afterwards, she informed us that she has been looking for a church for her family and asked for the address. We were able to get her phone number and we are meeting with her this week. Her name is Corrine. :) It was such a miracle!

Yesterday for Memorial Day, we had a party with the sisters in the mission! We had a BBQ and played some sand volleyball. It was so fun. :) I love all of the sisters I serve with.

I feel like a lot more happened this week, I just can't remember all of it!! Anyways, I love you all so much. Thanks for always showing me your love and support. It means a lot to me. I hope you have a great week!!

Love,
Sister Hutchison


Pretzel Partayy


Field Trip


we tried to do a jumping picture, but I like the candid one better


I am a true Husker 


I forgot this picture! Some photographer came into the trail center and took pictures of us this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment