Monday, June 6, 2016

I'VE LOVED NEBRASKA FOR A YEAR

June 6, 2016

Hello Family and Friends!!

I had a great week this week, like usual. When you are constantly serving the Lord, of course you will always have a good week! He sure blesses me :)

I will explain my subject line! On June 1st of 2015, I received my mission call!!! The moment I read "Nebraska Omaha Mission", I fell in love with it. The spirit testified to me so strongly that Nebraska is truly where God needed me. He still testifies to me every day that I need to be here! June 1st is such a special day for me.

This week was kind of a blurr, honestly! But I will try my best to remember what I did.

You already heard what I did on Monday, because I had to email on Tuesday last week!! But, Wednesday was good! We had District Meeting! I was asked to give the training to all the missionaries in my District. I love giving trainings, because I feel like Heavenly Father is really just teaching me more than anyone else. I gave a training about diligence. It really opened my eyes to what a diligent missionary is. There is a difference between hard work and diligence. Hard work is always good, but diligence is better. What I have truly learned is, it is okay to have weaknesses, but diligence is using all of your strengths. A diligent missionary is a missionary who gives everything to Heavenly Father because he/she loves him. A hard working missionary might "work hard" because he wants to please a parent or a leader. Those are both good things, but diligence is having your mind set on serving the Lord, and wanting to please Him the most. I think I needed that training more than any of the other missionaries in my district. I want to give trainings every day!!

Hey, do you guys remember how I am super allergic to mosquitos? Yeah, I didn't. For some reason, bug spray doesn't pop in my mind, and let me tell ya, Nebraska is mosquito heaven. There are so many here. When people hear I am allergic, they just look at me and say "wow, you are going to die this summer". Anyways.. I got my first mosquito bite of the year this week. It is on my forearm, and it is the size of a softball. Literally, a softball. Everyone at church yesterday was so worried about me because they had never seen anything quite like it. They even made the ward doctor take a look at it during Sunday school, haha. I kept telling everyone it wasn't a big deal and that it is normal. They were mortified!! I will attach a picture of it in my email, but it doesn't look as scary in a picture as it does in real life. A member made me take some Benadryl for it yesterday. That was a bad choice, considering the Benadryl was drowsy. All evening I felt like I was floating in all of my appointments. Everyone probably thought I was high. Oh well, I slept like a rock last night, and the bite has calmed down. It is just a large bruise now.

We got a new investigator this week! Her name is Tammy. We have been met with her a couple of times. She was a former investigator, but she wasn't progressing at all, so the other sisters before us had to drop her. We met with her last week to just see how she was doing, and we committed her to read Ether 12, and to count how many times it uses the word "Faith". When we met with her yesterday, she actually kept the commitment, and started telling us how the Book of Mormon helps her understand the Bible better. It was wonderful! We re-taught her the restoration, and the spirit was strong. It was neat to see everything start making sense to her. We were able to soft-set her for baptism. We have a couple concerns with Tammy. She is a vicious smoker, and she has kidney problems, so she is constantly going in for dialysis. She told the other sisters she couldn't go under water, but she didn't tell us that.. So.. We don't know how a baptism would work. We are workin on her though! Hopefully it will all work out :)

I hope you all have a great week. I love this work so much. I love being able to see the light of Jesus Christ enter into the hearts of those we meet. Thanks for all you guys do for me!

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


Mosquito bite (again, the picture doesn't do it justice)


A crazy/sweet woman that we work with in the ward gave me this shirt. Needless to say, I wore it on Sunday to make her happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment