Monday, January 16, 2017

Ice Storms.. Not

January 16, 2017

Hello Family and Friends!!

It was another great week here in Nebraska :) Due to ice, our cars were all grounded for most of the day today. So, we spent most of our P Day chillin'  at our house. Our day consisted of naps, food, and Harry Potter coloring books! The cars will be ungrounded probably until like 6 tonight.

Last week was transfer week! I am safe in the Winter Quarters ward with Sister Hall still, except we aren't a trio with Sister Firth anymore!! :(  I am very happy about staying, though! It is super crazy to think that I only have 3 more transfers left. Time flies!

Due to the new transfer, a lot of our time this week was spent making the new Trail Center schedule. That always takes up a chunk of our time. But, we were able to get it done! Woohoo!

We were able to find a new investigator this week. Her name is Teresa, and she is so sweet. We met her husband a couple weeks ago, and he told us we should talk to his wife. As we went back for our appointment, Teresa answered the door and was very excited to see us. As soon as we started to teach, she started to cry. She opened up to us, telling us how she is going through a hard time right now and knows our message will help her. She looked at us and said "I don't know what it is, but I feel different around you. I have never felt it before, but I know it must be good." We then were able to testify of the Holy Ghost. We taught her the Restoration, and after the first vision, she stopped us on the spot. She said "That story of Joseph Smith sounds oddly familiar. I feel like I have known it all along, but I just didn't know it. I know it's true." We were able to testify to her that she knew all of these things before she came to this earth, and that the Holy Ghost is bringing it to her rememberance. She went on to tell us that she would be willing to change her whole lifestyle to receive the happiness of the gospel. She is such a cute mom, and knows this gospel will bless her and her family. She is set for baptism on February 11th! Needless to say, God's hand is definitely guiding this work, and Sister Hall and I walked out of that lesson with her in awe. Please PLEASE pray for Teresa. The last thing we want is the adversary messing with her and her newly  found testimony, and we know he will try.

Also keep Kale in your prayers. His doctor has been giving him the wrong medicatio for a while now, and it pretty much poisioned him. We felt like he had  been acting weird the last few times we saw him, and now it all makes sense. He was rushed to the hospital this week because his memory was failing. The medicine was so toxic to him that they had to put him on dialasis. Now, he is in the hospital and has no idea who he even his. Hopefully his memory will come back and he will have a healthy recovery.

We were supposed to have an ice storm on Sunday. All of Omaha has been preparing for it for a few days. Lots of people have been stocking up on their food, and closing all the shops. They combined all 3 wards in our building for church, and we just had a one hour meeting at 9 O'clock. There was no ice storm.. Haha. But, it did rain quite a bit and it all froze overnight. So, our cars were not ableto be used from about 5pm to the rest of the night on Sunday. I am very happy to be able to get out!!

All in all, it was a great week!! I love missionary work so much.:) I feel so at home in Nebraska, and I know this is where God needs me to be at this time.

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison




Our puzzle that we completed!! Tangled!!


last party with the trio.. So sad!


I love Sis. Cope!!!!!!!


The Crandalls go home this week, and my heart is broken. They have been such amazing directors, and I am glad I have gotten so close to them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment