Monday, January 9, 2017

Miracles and Fun!!

January 9, 2017

Hello Family and Friends :)

Wow, another week has come and gone! Crazy how fast time is going!! This week was another fantastic week. I am so grateful for this precious time I have to be serving the Lord. I am so happy.

President Gardner gave Scotty permission to come and take me and my companions out to dinner this week. It was such an amazing experience. After over 2 years without seeing my brother, it was definitely a sweet reunion.

It was definitely a busy week of trainings! Sister Hall and I had to train at two different Zone Trainings this week, and it was a lot of fun. I love getting to know all of the missionaries so personally, and being able to constantly be sharing my testimony with them. I think the trainings went well :)

I WAS ABLE TO GO TO THE TEMPLE AGAIN THIS WEEK. President Gardner put together a special temple session for all the missionaries in the whole mission who have memorized 68 scriptures from Preach My Gospel. It was such a full session, but it was so incredible. I am so blessed to have a temple so close to me. I am also so blessed to see the temple every single day, being able to serve at the Trail Center. Even though we can only go inside on special occasions, the temple's presence carries a special spirit.

Sister Hall and I took an awesome tour this week. It was a less-active woman and her non-member boyfriend. To start off the tour, we shared the message of the restoration. Directly after the first vision, the woman burst into tears, telling us how she knows that this church is true. Throughout the rest of the tour, she was testifying to her boyfriend, and he accepted missionaries and committed to read the Book of Mormon with his girlfriend. It was so cool to see the spirit completely take over.

We also had a great lesson with our investigator (eternigator), Chris. I may have mentioned him before, but he has been investigating for many years. We were pretty bold with him last night, and so was the member we brought with us. We asked him if he knew the church is true, and he said "I absolutely do". Later on we were talking about something completely different, but the spirit told me to  ask him: "What would you sacrifice to come closer to the Savior?" He was thrown off, but then immediately tears filled his eyes, and he answered so sincerely "Everything. I would sacrifice everything." He has been living with his girlfriend for quite a few years, and so we were able to commit him to either get married or move out. He agreed, and agreed for baptism on February 11th.

This week is transfers. We talked to President Gardner yesterday, and he said "Sister Hutchison, I still have no clue what I am doing with you." So, I guess we will find out if I am staying or leaving in the next email!!

The Gospel is so true. I can feel it everyday. I can feel it in the happiest times, but definitely in the hardest times because I know that I am never alone. I love 3 Nephi 11:14-15. It reads:

"14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come."

The Savior didn't have to let everyone individually feel His wounds, but He did. He could have just appeared and told them who He was, and I bet most of them would have believed Him! But no, just like the scripture said, he had the multitude come forth "one by one". He knows us individually. He suffered for us individually. His Atonement was so personal. I pray that each of us can come to understand the everlasting love the Savior has for us as individuals. He knows us "one by one". I really felt like I needed to share that, so hopefully I could be of help to someone. :)

I love this work so much, and am grateful to share my testimony with others. Thanks for all of the support I receive each week! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Missy Hutchison


Me, Sister Hall, and Sister Orton at Missionary Leadership Council last week! 


After our training for the Council Bluffs Zone


Special temple trip! 


Me, Sister Orton, and Sister Smith


Me seeing Scotty!!


Kaylee must have been missing her aunt, because she was licking my face. 


My first time meeting baby Trey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment